Hello!

Captchuck57

Local time
2:08 AM
Hey Group!
I just ordered a 80cc kit from ebay, and I can already tell this site is going to be an invaluable asset to the construction of my bike!
I have several reasons for wanting to do this little project, but mostly cause it will be fun! Also fuel economy, etc....
On that note, I have several old abandoned bikes (cruisers and mtn bikes) at my disposal, does any of them seem more efficient/faster than the other? I'm guessing lighter is better and that tires on cruisers allow for a little less drag and more speed.
My idea is to build a rat bike, I don't really like the plain old tanks that come on them. I'm going to try to use an old glass Jack Daniels bottle as a tank and see how that works...I'll post in the appropriate forums about that to see if I get any responses.
thanks!
Charlie
Alabama

Welcome aboard, Charlie. This is a great site. I wish that I had found it before I started. Where in Alabama are you?

Welcome to Mbc. It will be fun to see where your creativity leads.
Gas pumps used to have stickers saying it was unlawful to put gas in glass and other non gas containers, but I still like the thought of it. You could call it moonshine or bootlegger.

Have fun!

thanks for the welcome everybody!

mickey - i am on dauphin island, not far from you. it seems to be the perfect place for a motored bicycle.

Frank Sinatra and the rest of the boys used to refer to Jack D as "gasoline". Not crazy about the idea of a glass gas tank. Why not soak the label off and put it on a real tank? Welcome anyway, though!

Back