Votes: 15 5.2%
  • for long rides or in heavy traffic

Votes: 27 9.4%
  • from now on i will

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • i do not vote in polls

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters
Sad part is that function over form is most important in this situation as well. Brain damage or even failure is nothing compared to some scratches that will heal with time.

What's REALLY sad is that this was months before I ever came across motored bikes. This happened on a regular mountain bike, jumping at an angle over a curb that just so happened to have a huge pile of tiny pebbles on the other side...

I'm just lucky I didn't lose any of my senses, memory, or my teeth. The couple scars that are left have kinda grown on me tho... but I'd definitely be wearing a helmet if I had to do it again.

Do I wear a helmet?

I have a helmet on at all times. Walking, bathing, grocery shopping, shaving etc, I fall down alot you see. About the only time I dont wear one is when Im on my motorized bike, seem to have better balance on two wheels. All kidding aside, after seeing the pics I will start shopping for a helmet that fits and looks appropriate. Thanks for caring.

i always wear one..and a bright kermit the frog green jacket! there is no excuse they could not see me...lol oh and don't forget lights and hand signals and follow the flow of tragffic too

My Girlfriend and I just got done buying full motorcycle riding gear .Helmet jacket boots for our modified Whizzer NE5 and Whizzer Ambassador.the Ambassador does 48 mph and the NE5 does 55mph at those speeds the pavement hurts. Also bought riding pants with armor in them to match the jackets for the long rides.

A bicycle helmet has save me from permanent injury on 2 occasions.
Very Important.

Brian Demaage

I finally broke down and got one. I used put alot of stock in my riding abilities which has served my well while riding "free melon" at high speeds. For years. I've been riding 2 wheel since I was 4. The motor came 3 yrs. ago.

The other day I read a small article in the paper about a woman who was biking downtown and T-boned an SUV. She did not trash compact her spine into the side of the SUV but launched free over the hood. On lookers quoted said they felt she was lucky to be alive and the helmet was key.

The incident made me realize (finally) that a very intuitive rider can be taken out in a blink by a driver who nary has the skills to mindfully pilot an electric shopping scooter but is out driving a car or SUV nonetheless.

I used to have motorcycles. I would only wear my helmet to keep my head warm usually. Having experience with both the motorcycle and motorized bike I consider not wearing a helmet on the bicycle (especially motorized) to be more dangerous than riding free melon on a motorcycle.

Michael

The incident made me realize (finally) that a very intuitive rider can be taken out in a blink by a driver who nary has the skills to mindfully pilot an electric shopping scooter but is out driving a car or SUV nonetheless.
This is so very true.

Having experience with both the motorcycle and motorized bike I consider not wearing a helmet on the bicycle (especially motorized) to be more dangerous than riding free melon on a motorcycle.
This is also very true.

Back