Helmets?

yes -- it is very pleasing to see others helping some to be safe -- wearing a helmet

may we take this opportunity to remind all -- single MB riders

before we ride that thing

a little helmet -- worn in times of wonder -- is also a good means of protection

Mountainman

I've always disliked being pressured to wear a helmet, so I won't say that it's a must.

But there is another reason to wear one; they help you to be visible to the cars. They're attention getters.

And I've found that there is a direct correlation between how difficult I make it for them to ignore me and how courteously they treat me.

That wasn't really the point of this question. Sorry. But it seems like a good place to plug the safety issue quickly.

So go ahead and get yourself a comfortable helmet. You won't be sorry.

But there is another reason to wear one; they help you to be visible to the cars. They're attention getters.

For that reason alone, I really want to get a helmet, and recommend others to get one too.

About 2 weeks ago, some girl coming out of a McDonalds almost cut me off BAD when entering the highway, and didn't see me crusing slowly in the bike lane. The engine was still going when I slammed the brakes, and it overheated my clutch and belt, but at least I didn't end up flying over her hood with a mangled bike.

Be careful of the non-drivers out there everyone!!!

Crazy Riding,
ZnsaneRyder

here's another question. is there like a leather style aviator helmet that will actually protect your head? like an old timey motorcyclist would wear? I think that would be cool.

I'm an EMS helicopter pilot (Emergency Medical Service). All summer long, nearly every night, we launch to go scrape up the broken skulls of the un-helmeted. I see it day in and day out. Helmeted riders do much better. Protect your egg-shell thin noggin. Please wear a helmet.

Your loved ones depend on you, and when I work the night shift, I don't want to have dispatch wake me up at 3 am with that rude tone over the radio for one of US!

Back