Help! 4 stroke bike not getting fuel.

Flooded my engine trying to start her up again.

I think it was because I had it propped up on a utility stand since I'm working on the chain (making sure it's straght & properly tensioned) Fuel started coming out of the carbs clear exaust tube & noticed fuel was also coming through the air filter tube.

Could having the rear wheel propped up for maintenance cause flooding problems during a startup attempt? I guess its because these carbs use cheaply made float parts or something.

I'm just glad flooding the engine doesn't total it. I would have to wait til the gas evaporates before I try again. Worst case senario I might need to replace the spark plug because flooding could ruin a spark plug. Hoping it didn't because it would delay the test drive.

Is there's any fuel injection systems for these 4 stroke engines? If there isn't I was thinking of building my own fuel injection system for my HS 142F.
FI is for larger engines already equipped with computer controllers and sensors.
Just stick with carburation as it's simply not worth dumping $1K into a $150 engine, especially for no power gain.

As troublesome as Huasheng carburetors are (I replaced 2 within the first 2 years after rebuilding them a dozen times)
it might save you a lot of trouble to just switch to a carburetor from a 2-stroke. It's a much simpler carb and performs great.

Got it fixed today & took it for its first ride. Man that was a blast. Got it up to 25 mph & was able to cruse around the block a few times without it cutting off on me.

Might try a 2 stroke carb after a while. These HS carbs are a bit of a pain in the but sometimes. I got it working for now so we'll see how this one does. The most problematic thing about the HS carb I dealt with was the float. It was the source of my not getting fuel problem so i tinkered with it more & finally was able to get a good float level.

if you have a fuel tap on the carby like a speedy carb the black rubber in the tap falls apart little bits when you turn it on and off and blocks the needle that lets fuel in the carby pot inturn like a air block or it migt let fuel in slow and cuts out on top speed the pot runs dry cant keep up

Yes.

2_BigRed3R-1280.jpg

2_SlugoDoneRight-Covers-1280.jpg

2_4s7gDDfatalLoveR-1280.jpg

The HS intake holes are the same as a 2-stroke intake so you can use a 2-stroke intake.
An offset worked best, we just did some creative cutting.

Get a catch can for the breather hose, it hampers performance if put in the air cleaner like that last one.

KC, I'm about to order my NT 2 stroke carb. What size manifold should I get? I've seen them ranging in the 30mm to 40mm size range.

Also what size bolts do I need to install the manifold on my 4 stroke? From the looks of it, if the bolts are to long the manifold would be loose to short & it wouldn't hold very well. I wanna make sure I install the NT carb right the first time.

Another question I had was what did you use for the breather hose?

KC, I'm about to order my NT 2 stroke carb. What size manifold should I get?
I've seen them ranging in the 30mm to 40mm size range.
40mm

Also what size bolts do I need to install the manifold on my 4 stroke?
~1" long Alan bolts with washers, just like any other engine.
It's just a manifold, if your bolts are too long get shorter bolts or add flat washers to take up the extra length ;-}

Another question I had was what did you use for the breather hose?
The 10mm OD breather tube comes with the engine and connects to the stock carb.
It is just shoved into the engine and pulls right out as it's just a vent.

The thing is, it is an important vent.
EPA says put that back into the carb for burning.
That works with the stock carb OK but not an NT carb.

How you handle the venting is an environmental choice.
You can just run tube straight down so water can't get in and let the oil and gases into the environment including where you park it...

Or you can fashion a 'catch can' mounted higher than the engine outlet.
Most oil will flow back down into the engine and with some sort of filter like you see on a PCV input to a cars air cleaner, you capture more of the stuff that simply should NOT be dumped out into the environment.

I am no tree hugger and won't be around to see the real effects of pollution but you might be ya know?
Heck, we are old but we do our part big time now have and for years.

I don't think of myself as a tree hugger ether but I like to think I have a decent sense of environmentalism and I'm only in my mid 20's. One of the reasons I went with a new 4 stroke instead of trying to get another 2 stroke.

How bout adapting a 4 stroke air filter to a 2 stroke NT carb? Is that possible?

I got the manifold for my NT 2 stroke carburetor but it's oddly shaped compared to how the HS 4 stroke carb mounts on. What's a good way to make an NT 2 stroke carb level using the standard NT 40mm manifold?

I ask because if I install it as it is it will be slanted because of the bolt holes on my 142 & pointing downward because 2 stroke motors are usually slanted.

Back