HELP! 4 Stroke Huasheng engine throws oil out of carburetor

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 oz is not a quart, 32 is. A quart lasting 4 oil changes sounds about right for an engine that holds about 8 oz or so. There are 128 oz in a gallon, a quart would be 1/4 of that, or 32 oz. Divide that by 8, and you get 4.

A quart will be slightly short for 4 changes. The motor uses a little more than 8 ounces per change. When changing the oil, sometimes a little is left in the crankcase, and may only use 8 ounces to fill.

Have fun,

Be thankful only oil is being thrown out of the carburettor - that's easily fixable.
If the engine gets really serious about doing something spectacular it might decide to throw a connecting rod, piston or valve gears out the carby venturi; ejecting them somewhere in the vicinity of your tabernacles.

Be thankful only oil is being thrown out of the carburettor - that's easily fixable.
If the engine gets really serious about doing something spectacular it might decide to throw a connecting rod, piston or valve gears out the carby venturi; ejecting them somewhere in the vicinity of your tabernacles.

Darwin always said "a little chlorox in the gene pool never hurts"

Yea I had a brainfart saying the HS142f only needed 3 oz, you guys are right. I think I messed up thinking a qt was 16 ozs.

thank for the help. Ive changed the oil, and it still wont start, ive adjusted the fuel line and the fuel is flowing fine. i ordered a new carb, and ill keep this post updated with that when i get it installed. i figured it wouldn't hurt to get a new carb anyways since the old one is now full of oil etc.. hopefully thats the problem

Hi Be sure to clean the foam filter or the problem will be transferred to the new carburetor.

Be sure to put some carburetor cleaner in the fuel as often paint chips or dirt from a new tank can cause carburetor issues.

Have fun,

After the last 2 summers and dirty carbs I'm putting a fuel filter inline to see if it stops plugged up carbs. I drain the fuel every fall but the last 2 years were PIAs, has to be the new fuel they're using gumming up the works. I've never had that problem in the past.

okay, new carb came in and ive installed it with the clean foam and all and new fuel.. still wont fire up. i crank it over and it'll hiccup, and the engine attempts to start but then dies out, if even backfired through the carb again.. im starting to think the problem is internal.. any ideas?

also, as far as the magneto, is it supposed to be magnetized on both sides? or just one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back