Help adjusting /setting up 16 mm Keihin Carburetor Clone

J

Jrok96

Hello, got my gt7 together last night it was late so I only got it started up for a little bit but noticed it got really really hot and running like shiz. (Lean I believe.) I have a clone arrow reed valve and i cut a window in the piston.
Can someone point me to a thread or help me get this carb adjusted. I.e. what jets I would need what adjustments are available on this carb.

I have the same set up but my reed valve is broken so I put on the stock intake but cant get the carb right. any help would be greatly honored.

I have the same set up but my reed valve is broken so I put on the stock intake but cant get the carb right. any help would be greatly honored.
You would need to change out the piston to a non windowed with the stock intake to be able to tune/setup the carb.

Hello, got my gt7 together last night it was late so I only got it started up for a little bit but noticed it got really really hot and running like shiz. (Lean I believe.) I have a clone arrow reed valve and i cut a window in the piston.
Can someone point me to a thread or help me get this carb adjusted. I.e. what jets I would need what adjustments are available on this carb.
First thing is to check and eliminate air leaks before you will be able to tune/setup the carb.then break it in before fully dialing it in.

First thing is to check and eliminate air leaks before you will be able to tune/setup the carb.then break it in before fully dialing it in.
I have eliminated all air leaks but it will not stay running unless I PEDDLE IT. can I use the original intake and do away with the reed valve?

Back