Help...anyone refer a site where i can find a vintage looking headlight?

Memory Lane.

Try Memory Lane Classics. I think one of the many light cases converted to L.E.D. would be Da Bomb !

Ok I've done this a couple times if your careful it works. Take the flashlight style bulb and break the glass. grab the center wire with a pair of pliers and pull on it while melting the solder with a iron on the bottom till it comes out. (kinda a 3 hand deal) then use a single LED slide the pos down thru the middle re-solder it and solder the neg to the top edge of the base. Test it then fill in the base with silcone and let it harden. It's not that hard to do and it works great if your mainly going for visabily not for lighting the road up. Remember the LED's have to have the polarity right to light up. They are all 3v I think so 2 batteries work perfect. (I bought a bag of ten off ebay for 3-4 dollars)

Take a look at this little jewel...

I believe it could be epoxied inside a vintage headlight to make a really good LED lite.

This is the complete CREE 1 watt LED, controller, and aluminum reflector. It accepts from about 4V to 18V DC. And, it costs $9

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11836

Attachments

• Cree R2.jpg
    Cree R2.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
Back