Help!!! Bike won't start

Josh_wilcoxx

Local time
3:25 AM
As of earlier today, my bike shut off and wouldn't start again... I'm not sure what the problem is but I've already tried cleaning the carb, replacing the magneto, CDI, sparkplug, and cleaned the Killswitch, and it still doesn't even give a hint of starting. Ran fine before but it did have a few little pops...

Hello can you post some pictures or your bike and engine that would help us help you.

Disconnect the kill switch to eliminate that as an issue, huge problem with those cheapass kill switches.

sounds like the top ring might be broke if you can push the bike with the clutch out and that would probably be what it is losing compression

It feels to have plenty of compression... The rings are brand new in a newer engine

It feels to have plenty of compression... The rings are brand new in a newer engine
It sure does sound like the same problem I was having and I clean the spark plug clean the carburetor put a new plug in it change the stator swapped out the Magneto tried another coil it felt like I had plenty compression but when I took the cylinder off the ring was broken that's why I say try that it shouldn't take much to check that and if you did change rings there's only one way the rings has to be positioned or they will break

It sure does sound like the same problem I was having and I clean the spark plug clean the carburetor put a new plug in it change the stator swapped out the Magneto tried another coil it felt like I had plenty compression but when I took the cylinder off the ring was broken that's why I say try that it shouldn't take much to check that and if you did change rings there's only one way the rings has to be positioned or they will break
Sounds good, I'll check it out. It wouldn't make any sense it they broke because I looked up how to put them on correctly...

Back