Carby HELP!!! Cant Adjust Carb!!

tbrookes2000

Local time
5:22 AM
Hi All...
Ok..I just bought a Grubee GT5 (2011) with what I can FIGURE is a V2 CNS Carb. Now here's the problem...
The adverts all say "100-150 mpg"...ok...I bought this and put it all together (as per instructions) but I get about 25 miles per tank full :sick: The motor sounds like it's running "labored" (with an occassional burst of power) Smokes like an S.O.B. I have looked everywhere for adjustment of this carb to lean it out...even took the needle out (there ARE NO adjustments for the E ring)...and dont know what to do. I have read that the CNS carb is **** and to use the NT. Also...I am using the "instructions" recommended oil/fuel mix at 18 to 1..I replaced the plug with a new NGK...and it is black and oily...could this be the problem?
Can someone PLEASE help me work this out? I ride this bike to work but if this is the mileage Im going to get from this goose, I might as well go back to driving my car. HELP?

Last edited:
Is it fully broken in? The break-in oil mix will make it smoke, and it will naturally be sluggish during break-in due to poor compression from bad piston ring sealing

I agree, either the speed or the ole reliable NT carburetor. Not much difference in performance (as told by a member testing it). But I cant verify. I run all NT's. Sold my CNS.

id say youre jets dropped... or flooding... no eclip notches? wat the?

Carb Prob's continued...

Thanks for the info guys...much appreciated. I cannot find a good NT Carb...anyone got a lead on where to get one? As I said I ride this bike 18.2 miles to work (one way)...it's a blast to ride and I get a better attitude than when I "drive"...so it's important that I get this deal starightened out.
:D

This "turd" on here now, in answer to the question...no...NO e-clip notches...NO air/fuel adjustment...only idle...I'm really concerned over melting the jug because I'm only using 3.2 oz of oil per gal...but it DOES run a bit better....but at what cost?
So there it is....

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys...much appreciated. I cannot find a good NT Carb...anyone got a lead on where to get one? As I said I ride this bike 18.2 miles to work (one way)...it's a blast to ride and I get a better attitude than when I "drive"...so it's important that I get this deal starightened out.
:D

This "turd" on here now, in answer to the question...no...NO e-clip notches...NO air/fuel adjustment...only idle...I'm really concerned over melting the jug because I'm only using 3.2 oz of oil per gal...but it DOES run a bit better....but at what cost?
So there it is....

As much as I despise these folks, here is the best price I've seen for a speed carburetor..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/80cc-motor-...468?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20c38085dc

Here is a NT carburetor.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item231b26f35b

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back