Help! Engine difficult to turn

great idea!

High compression is your friend, you got a good one. Put some light oil in the engine before you crank. Also, with fuel source off and carb drained, use a heat gun to heat the cylinder head until it is fully warmed up. A heated cylinder head is a tip that I used for new ABC ringless two stroke engines that are very hard to spin on a first start situation.

oh cool, I'll give the heat gun a go, used to use a fan heater on an old pit bike.

This is normal for me, if I'm not going fast enough and I let the clutch out then the back wheel will just lock up, but usually will start as my new tyre is scraping the tarmac. Doesnt this happen to everybody? hmmm I better take a look

Confirmed here. That happens to me too. It's smooth when it's warmed up and turning even a little if that makes any sense.
What I do to lessen that is to make sure my leg is pushing down on the pedal crank as I release the clutch. Sometimes it's smooth but on the times that it wants to lock up this makes it smoother.And I keep good tension on my chain.

You know another thing that would cause a stalled start is your motor mounts a bit loose. Tighten them up every now and then and this occasion becomes a rare event.
It's almost every time my bike stall starts my mount bolts could use a turn.

Im havening the EXACT same problem, ill try a few of these tips tomorrow, but this problems a real B***H to work with, because you have to dig the chain out of the spokes each time.. over cap of what I think ill try tomorrow

:cry:. Make sure tension is good.
:LOL:. Tickle the elmo carb
:rolleyes:. Check spark plug for oil
:(. Hurt someone

I bought a Kings motor bike the drive sprocket needed to be Thinned and re-contoured so that the chain fit. (No kidding, I was po-ed)
Thats dax sells a 1.8 mm thick sprocket. also check your masterlink orientation.
My chain even had a coat of varnish on it. Made it even thicker.

Back