HELP: engine revs high when started

masterx1234

Local time
10:54 AM
ok guys im not sure whats going on but everytime i start up my 52cc two stoke monsterscooter engine, it revs super high then finally goes to normal idle, its not much of a problem, but its never done this before, am i running too rich or lean?

so easy a problem to solve. you have an air leak in the intake area or crank seals (or gasket)

but, nothing is wrong with it? it runs as good as it ever has. goes up to 35 mph, its only the startup thats the issue, are you sure i couldnt be just running too rich?

There's only one other reason it would do that. The throttle cable can be kinked

never mind, after examining the motor, i found out it was a busted intake manifold gasket, does anyone know where id find one to fit my monsterscooter engine?

Buy a sheet of gasket material, use the old gasket as a pattern and cut out a new one using an X-Acto knife.

Buy a sheet of gasket material, use the old gasket as a pattern and cut out a new one using an X-Acto knife.

And this way it will also be made of a better gasket material than you can buy from most vendors out there, and you can have plenty on hand if you ever tear the engine down for upgrades or maintenance.

Back