HELP ! Honda GX35 won't run at full throttle

My Honda GX35, not quite 2 years old and has less than 10 hours running time on it will not run at full throttle. It starts fine and idles as it should. Will run at idle all day long, but when I give it full throttle, it just dies, just as if I had pressed the kill switch. Plug looks good, air filter is clean. Anyone got any bright ideas or know anything about these engines. I bought this engine new from Tewarehouse. It came with no instructions or owners manual, and I admit I have not researched it on line yet. First thing that went through my mind was high speed adjustment, but there seems to be no adjustment screws on the carb. But as I said, I have not done any research yet. This just happened this afternoon. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks !

I

ibdennyak

Had that on a 25. Needed a new diaphragm in the carb. Whole new carb was just 10 bucks more, so I went with that.

First thing I would think of is the carb, perhaps the jet is blocked or fuel has gummed it up and it is getting to much air versus fuel at WOT?

A

ArthurK

Same problem. I got my motor under warranty and it was in the shop 3 times. One time they replaced CARB then they said they do not know what is causing the problem but they will not fix it because it is not designed for the bike (so I decided not te deal with idiots anymore). Honda service is the worst I could ever imagine. Called supprot guy today and he hang up on me when I told him I'm recording it. Will not buy anything from Hopnda ever again! but in the meantime before I trush my (still on warranty motor) I was wondering if anybody has solved the dying motor issue ?

darwin

It's the carb if the fuel lines are good to go and the cap is venting properly. New carb is $10 on fleabay. It's the alcohol in the gas that messes them up is my theory.

junglepig

It's the alcohol in the gas that messes them up is my theory.
I agree. Either soak the old one (minus any seals/rubber parts/gaskets) in good carb cleaner and blow out all the passages good, or if buying a new carb cheap on eBay is the path of least resistance, take it. Your engine is almost certainly fine otherwise.

And once you've got it running good, run ethanol free fuel if you can get it. And if you can't, be sure to drain the tank and the carb anytime you let it sit for any time, like over a winter. Old oxygenated fuel will absorb moisture and rot your carb if it sits in there.