Help Huashang carb problems

mrbg

Local time
7:47 AM
I have a dax/huashang 50 and the stock carb has always had a flat spot just above idle so I bought a intake manifold for NT carb and it ran good for awhile but now I have rough idle like the plug is fouled. The plug is dry black not much carbon, I indirectly sprayed carb cleaner over the intake manifold and appeared to have a leak. I pulled apart and reassembled leak is gone but still have rough idle. I'm running a 66 jet at sea level. Anybody have a suggestion?

Try cleaning the idle jet located under the idle adjustment screw.

Ya I did that it solved the rough idle, but still had flat spot when accelerating. I installed new intake manifold and a NT carb still have the flat spot, I adjusted valves intake.004 exhaust.006 still no help. I'm thinking I need to check compression or just run with it.

Ya I can see that as a cause,no load to a load. You'd have to hear it, kinda reminds me of my old Toyota truck exhaust manifold leak,ya I replaced the exhaust gasket. It runs good on the top end

I stretched the holes on an intake manifold for, and used a squishy bulb carburetor from a 50cc, 2 stroke Shindiawa clone, 12mm, I think it was, and my Huasheng LOVED that. There was no need for the diaphram pump and it's silly signal from the crankcase, since the gas tank was mounted higher than the carburetor. Line trimmers sling them lower, that's the only reason those need that.

I stretched the holes on an intake manifold for, and used a squishy bulb carburetor from a 50cc, 2 stroke Shindiawa clone, 12mm, I think it was, and my Huasheng LOVED that. There was no need for the diaphram pump and it's silly signal from the crankcase, since the gas tank was mounted higher than the carburetor. Line trimmers sling them lower, that's the only reason those need that.
How much are they and where'd you buy it? From what I've read carburetion is the main culprit small 4 stroke motors, I just got some jets 75,80 for NT carb, so we'll see what happens

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15mm-Carbur...ash=item4b1a38364f:g:hG0AAOSw8GtZSnH-&vxp=mtr
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intake-Inle...ash=item33d6267e02:g:iMIAAOSwhxBZr67L&vxp=mtr

I made my own gasket out of some nice, thick sheet gasket I had around, but I don't think it's a requirement. What was required was to elongate the bolt holes on the manifold a bit, like this:
intake.jpg

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
You'll notice a passageway on the manifold that lines up to a hole on the carburetor. That's supposed to be connected to the crankcase for a pulse that drives the diaphram fuel pump that won't be connecting to anything on the Huasheng engine. Ignore that, if your gas tank is mounted higher than the carburetor, then gravity will be more than enough. The fuel pump is because it's a trimmer engine carb, and those sling the tanks lower than the carb.

Back