Help. I may have bought the wrong bike.

jefuchs

Local time
1:25 AM
I'm very short, but I've never had trouble riding a bike like I'm having with this new one. I assumed that all 26" bikes were the same size, but this turns out to be untrue. I feel like a little kid trying to ride an adult bike, and I worry that I'm going to have a very hard time with this, and possibly risk my safety. I bought a Schwinn Southport, and the manufacturer says it's for riders my height and up, but they really seemed to have exaggerated this claim.

Bikes like the Micargi Bronco look like they'd accommodate me better, but I'd want multi-speed and hand brakes.

Any of you short guys have recommendations?

Looking at the Micargi Bronco again, it appears to be an equally poor choice because of the stretched frame. But you get the idea.

Update: I may have posted too soon. I went back to the garage and took the seat off the bike and it seems I could easily stand with both feet flat on the ground if I had a seat that was set back and low like a board track racer.

So if anyone knows where I can get a seatpost like the one in this picture, please let me know.

80ZlS.jpg

Last edited:
Back