Help I wanna make a build

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Grohiik, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Grohiik

Grohiik Guest

So I'm new here and I wanted everyone's advice on starting a build. The main reason is for a better way of getting around so any and all advice will help

<
  2. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

my best advice is to read a lot here about problems new builders have, then try to avoid them

one can't get a real feel for these from reading, but at least things may seem less confusing

CrazyDan likes this.
  3. Frankenstein

Frankenstein Well-Known Member

Definitely reading, and YouTube to a certain extent, realize though that 98% of the people on YouTube have little to no idea what they are talking about with these motors. Stick to assembly and cures to problems type of videos, highly suggest staying away from modification videos unless you can't understand 3 quarters of the terminology they are using, in which case they are probably authentic since rarely the stupid people are capable of doing or saying things right.

DO NOT jump at the first supplier to offer a free sparkplug with every kit, most of them are freaking liers or cheats looking to make a quick buck. Stick to very very responsible and honest sellers (authentic grubee suppliers for example, gasbike has lots of pretty pictures and words SAYING they sell real grubee engines, but that ship sailed many moon ago, now it's only authentic cheap replicas for them)

Biggest advice crassius forgot to mention is that you ONLY change one thing at a time. Anything more and you'll be playing with your wrenches until sunrise trying to figure out where you fucked up.

And wear your damn helmet. Have fun.

Steve Best likes this.
  4. Frankenstein

Oh and try to avoid flaming exhaust pipes unless you own a fireproof crotch or the equivalent.

5. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

You guys are assuming he's a glutton for punishment and wants an HT. Let's find out what type he wants then make suggestions. Maybe he's a Trump supporter and wants a real MAB....................LOL!

6. Frankenstein

We have the best MABs and Mexico's going to pay for it!

7. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Start with an easy build. Mount a kit motor on a beach cruiser. As mentioned above, read a lot of posts on this forum. You don't want to repeat the mistakes we made.