Help identify make/model of 2-Stroke engine

Peter Charles

Local time
5:45 AM
Hi I'm new to this forum and would appreciate any help. I recently purchase a motorised bike which I am in the process of restoring, but can't find any information regarding the bike frame or motor, manufacturer etc.
Details are as follows:
Make: Fusin Bike
Motor: Rear wheel mounted 2-Stroke with direct drive to wheel.
Brakes: Disc front, Rim rear
Frame is stamped: FM 15 - 7197
Motor stamped: FM - 02249
Head Cylinder stamped: FM 12 - 2125
Motor marked "Made in Italy".
Wheels are 20"
The bike is is in good overall condition, but has some surface rust on on chrome and frame.
Motor will need possible a re-bore and new piston.
I've attached some photos and and would appreciate any information, particularly regarding the motor.
Thanks

Attachments

• forks.jpg
    forks.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 151
  • frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 124
  • frame2.jpg
    frame2.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 124
  • motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 137
  • motor2.jpg
    motor2.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 162
Can you post a picture of the rear dropouts and how that motor possibly attaches to the frame? Only history on Fusin bikes I come up with are folding bikes and regular BMX style bikes. Is there a VIN at all or serial number on the bottom of the bottom bracket, steering head or rear drop outs?

I’m signing on to watch this one, I don’t see room for a reed valve so it must be a rotary valve. Interesting looking engine.

I’m signing on to watch this one, I don’t see room for a reed valve so it must be a rotary valve. Interesting looking engine.
Not sure what you're talking about there, Italian made case induction 2t with pumper carb. No kind of valve is needed.

OP said direct drive to rear wheel.

Probably chrome plated inside the cylinder, so honing or boring is just going to wreck it. Besides, it's probably perfect inside.

There could easily be a reed valve in the block behind the intake. I have seen some pretty shallow reed valves before. It would be a.tight fit for sure l, but not impossible.

I was thinking of blow back through the carb if it didn’t have a reed or rotary valve, I’ve never seen a engine like this so I have no clue.

Thank you everyone who has commented on my query. I have had another look and have located a serial number which was stamped on the steering head (number CT6100239). I still can't find much about Fusin Bikes other than a folding bike.
I've taken a couple of more photos, see attached, which may help identify the engine manufacture. The pull start cover states Made in Italy.
Thank you again for your help.
Peter

Attachments

• motor side view.jpg
    motor side view.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 129
  • motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 113
  • motor2.jpg
    motor2.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 118
Oops I attached photos already posted. I have attached a couple more photos which show motor attached to rear wheel. (not properly attached as I had pulled the bike apart for restoration).

Attachments

• back view motor.jpg
    back view motor.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 111
  • motor attached wheel.jpg
    motor attached wheel.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 120
Back