Help identifying friction drive motor

Yeah I believe the model he has is the pedal start model. It's never had the updated pull starter installed on it like the kit I posted.

Yes & no, it just depends just how long you want to search. & knowing for sure it is what it is. Model# stuff like that.
I guess(?) I am hoping that during tear down there will be some sort of identifying mark to determine anything; model, part or serial number, cc‘s, or anything. I appreciate this site and all of you providing some information and discussion on the subject. I expect it will make things a bit less frustrating working on an older obscure long since discontinued cool and sweaty old motor.

I guess(?) I am hoping that during tear down there will be some sort of identifying mark to determine anything; model, part or serial number, cc‘s, or anything. I appreciate this site and all of you providing some information and discussion on the subject. I expect it will make things a bit less frustrating working on an older obscure long since discontinued cool and sweaty old motor.
Yeah if you disassemble it. Keep us posted of updates. Piston size might help determine what it is as well. If you tear it down that far.

Thanks for the discussion and information. This will be on the shelf for a side winter project if I find the time and I will update as progress is made.

Probably the 22.5cc Tanaka, very good and reliable motor and with a few tinkerings can increase power.

I can't remember who said that posting this would probably never help anyone.. and I said it could help at least one person.. I was right whoever you are! Ha! ;)

Here's a post with the engine kit manual!

Probably the 22.5cc Tanaka, very good and reliable motor and with a few tinkerings can increase power.

I can't remember who said that posting this would probably never help anyone.. and I said it could help at least one person.. I was right whoever you are! Ha! ;)

Here's a post with the engine kit manual!
Thank you so much!

Back