Help identifying part?

One dump of the bike has caused so much headache
Yep...lol...hang in there, we are all here to help ya get back on the road again...lol...DAMIEN

Do you know if the chain was well lubed...Or not ???...lol...That could cause where or the drive gear and chain producing those shavings as well.

OCCs are a special breed of bike and the chain has to be routed different to clear the brakes. I would like to know if the engine sprocket and the wheel sprocket are lined up correctly? Look down the bike from the rear along the chain and see if it angles in. Also check inside the cover for wear marks, it there is substantial wear, the chain isn't aligned properly and you'll need an offset mount.

Yep...lol...hang in there, we are all here to help ya get back on the road again...lol...DAMIEN

Do you know if the chain was well lubed...Or not ???...lol...That could cause where or the drive gear and chain producing those shavings as well.
Thanks, this seems like a really smart community here

I do not think the old chain was well lubed at all.
I need to see if the old chain is in fact smaller than my newly installed 415H per an earlier observation...outside of markings on the old chain, would it be possible to eyeball it to see if they are in fact the same size?

Lastly if I do have to purchase a new size 415 chain to match the original that broke, does anyone have a link for a preferred brand?

Ps...I also took a good hard look at his pic of bike showing how chain is rigged to the bike...looks like way too much chain is there for the distance to sprocket...Suggest shortening the chain as well when the correct 415 version is installed.
Can you explain this a bit more? The full pic of the bike was taken at time of purchase with original chain and it did run at that time.
Are you saying that the chain looks loose in the photo?

OCCs are a special breed of bike and the chain has to be routed different to clear the brakes. I would like to know if the engine sprocket and the wheel sprocket are lined up correctly? Look down the bike from the rear along the chain and see if it angles in. Also check inside the cover for wear marks, it there is substantial wear, the chain isn't aligned properly and you'll need an offset mount.

I will take a look at this and pray I am lined up straight LOL

if you haven't bought any chain, you can go buy some basic #41 chain from your local hardware store or any store that deals with lawn mowers.

you have to make sure the chain is lined up with the motor the occ is very picky... aligning the sprocket is easy for the occ so if its off straighten it out :p

your running your chain under which works but if you want a CLEANER run, run the chain under the brake arm so the brake cable goes between the chain, you use less chain this way also.

If you need a tensioner use it right before the sprocket at a angle and run the chain above the brake post

1623363668379.png

when it comes to your shavings just clean it, grease everything upon installing bar and make sure chain is tight and aligned. :3

also when you get the $$$ get rid of that Barry Mount PLEASE and get CNC mounts.

Last edited:
if you haven't bought any chain, you can go buy some basic #41 chain from your local hardware store or any store that deals with lawn mowers.

you have to make sure the chain is lined up with the motor the occ is very picky... aligning the sprocket is easy for the occ so if its off straighten it out :p

your running your chain under which works but if you want a CLEANER run, run the chain under the brake arm so the brake cable goes between the chain, you use less chain this way also.

If you need a tensioner use it right before the sprocket at a angle and run the chain above the brake post

View attachment 105672

when it comes to your shavings just clean it, grease everything upon installing bar and make sure chain is tight and aligned. :3

also when you get the $$$ get rid of that Barry Mount PLEASE and get CNC mounts.
Have you ever tried to move the brakes to the upper bar?

Have you ever tried to move the brakes to the upper bar?
No, because i usually only keep them temp because i switch to disk or drum. for disc i just barrow the hardware stores press and drill some holes in the sprocket and drop in washers for spacers and attach the disc to that :p

Back