Help me pick a trany for my 142F

Q-Matic transmissions are the absolute best overall design I have found. At this time they do not have the adapter for my tapered shaft engine and the $300+ price tag puts it out of the race for me. GruBee seems to have the next best design and great customer service from what I can tell. All of the internal components on their transmissions can be ordered separately, which is a huge plus.

I considered the 5G dual chain drive from BikeBerry. BGF sells the same exact item for less on E-bay. After waiting for ever, I was able to talk to someone in customer service. Nice enough fellow, but every question I asked him he had to run and ask his boss. The sad news is you can not buy any of the internal pieces other than the clutch bell. If that shaft breaks, which we all have seen pictures of that happening, you toss your 5G in the garbage and buy a new one. This fact along with all the terrible reviews about this company has me walking away.

Has anyone had any experience with BikeBerry's belt drive trans?? My feeling is the stress on the small pulley's shaft would be much less than the chain drive version. I'm sure none of those internal pieces are sold separately either.

What would you suggest for me? I really want to get it right the first time. This is my first build. Thanks in advance for your help.
The Q-matic transmission is the best transmission to go with and it can be tailored for several gear configurations since all that needs
to be done is change the pulleys. I never did like the "Ghost Racer" transmission and the Q-matic would be a good choice for the 49cc.
The Q-matic should also be a lot quieter in operation. The fellas are running into the same problems with the dealers even on Ebikes
since they are also purchased from China. The straight shaft 49cc engine is way over priced too. Go with a Harbor Freight Predator
79cc engine if you have the room and you won't be sorry!

The Q-matic transmission is the best transmission to go with and it can be tailored for several gear configurations since all that needs
to be done is change the pulleys. I never did like the "Ghost Racer" transmission and the Q-matic would be a good choice for the 49cc.
The Q-matic should also be a lot quieter in operation. The fellas are running into the same problems with the dealers even on Ebikes
since they are also purchased from China. The straight shaft 49cc engine is way over priced too. Go with a Harbor Freight Predator
79cc engine if you have the room and you won't be sorry!
The Q-matic belt drive reduction box may be the best for a mid frame mount. However, if you wish to do a rear rack mount the Staton Inc 18.75:1 and 16.06:1 actual GEAR box is by far the strongest reduction box out there; which then makes it the best reduction box for a rear rack mount.

Back