help me with my 2stroke kit

I

idontknow37

I'm new to this so bear with me. I have a 2 stroke kit on one of my mountain bikes and when I first set it up I did not know the threads on the front mounts were removable and I had to use the universal adapter thing so I let the threads sit on the front bar. eventually they shaped off and left stubs. that's when I found out you needed to use the bolts that came with it and take out the threads.I put on one bolt without the washers thinking it would tighten all the way down. I was using a socket wrench and did not realize that it wasn't screwing down anymore and the bolt snapped. the thread is still stuck in it and I don't know how to get it out. none of it is putriding so I can't use pliers. any help would be appreciated.

I had this problem with other products and what i do is take a metal drill bit a TINY one and drill a small hole inside of the bolt, then i take 1 step up and make it bigger, if there is room i do it till i can get needle noses in or i use the drill bit to make a fine straighitish line to use a flat head OR i go two sizes up this way the drill bit will get stuck inside the hole and twist the threaded bolt out.

if its your first time i would suggest getting the drill bit drill A TINY ONE drill a tiny hole then from that tiny hole make a straight line and use a small flat head and twist it out.

yeah EZ outs,, but if can't get one, there's some vids on youtube how to remove broken bolts. I like MacZulu's slot for screwdriver idea,,
hope you can get it fixed!

Yeah I see you’ve learned not to overtighten Chinese steel. I’m guessing they’re the small 6mm studs? They make engines with 8mm ones those won’t snap though, the crankcase would probably break first. By taking out the threads do you mean the studs?

Back