Engine Trouble HELP!!!!! My Bike Just Seised Up

seizing it was his own doing, he went against our advice and blew his motor. he's gonna spend more replacing all the parts he toasted than he would just calling it a loss and starting over.
Right, but that's why i asked if he got the head/cylinder off yet... HIT THAT PISTON WITH A HAMMER! (With some wood in between the hammer and piston) It should free it up (probably), of coarse you will need to buy a new motor eventually (already established that), this should get you moving again until a new one arrives...

P.s. Make sure you up your oil ratio.
Probably to 20 or 25:1

Last edited:
Right, but that's why i asked if he got the head/cylinder off yet... HIT THAT PISTON WITH A HAMMER! (With some wood in between the hammer and piston) It should free it up (probably), of coarse you will need to buy a new motor eventually (already established that), this should get you moving again until a new one arrives...

P.s. Make sure you up your oil ratio.
Probably to 20 or 25:1
Dude read reply # 3 the motor has been disassembled. The crank is froze solid. It's not going to run again. Your advice makes no sense at all.

Dude read reply # 3 the motor has been disassembled. The crank is froze solid. It's not going to run again. Your advice makes no sense at all.
Yeah, but it doesn't say blunt force was used... :)

Remove clutch set screw, flower nut, plate and spring. Take a hammer and lightly hit in the clockwise direction one of the 3 clutch posts that the clutch plate fits on to and see if they will spin. Sometimes new engines come with the clutch pads stuck to the clutch base and need to be knocked loose, This can also happen if the engine as been sitting a long time. Watch:

Remove clutch set screw, flower nut, plate and spring. Take a hammer and lightly hit in the clockwise direction one of the 3 clutch posts that the clutch plate fits on to and see if they will spin. Sometimes new engines come with the clutch pads stuck to the clutch base and need to be knocked loose, This can also happen if the engine as been sitting a long time. Watch:

Sorry but thats the worst advise I've seen/heard for a totaly unrelated issue.Besides who takes a hammer to their engine for anything?

First off if the pads were stuck then just freeing the center wouldn't mean s**t. It's not the pads that are stuck. It's the dried out grease in the bearings that is not allowing the gear wheel to become independent.

Last edited:
Ha! It actually works, which is why bikeberry posted that video.
They posted it so you would free the clutch assembly. Yes it frees the assembly so it works, just not for the reasons the dumb asses at bikeberry say it does.
The pads aren't stuck. Were they stuck to the pressure plate when you removed it? No. Why is it that the pads would be stuck to the fly wheel and not the pressure plate? they wouldn't , and they aren't. The bearings are froze. I'm glad you got things working as they should. Just realize the reason why wasn't exactly as described.

Back