Help!! My bike won't stay on anymore

That would be water then. The yellow is probably just very very light rust dissolved into the water, you know what that looks like.

Get or make another magneto cover gasket, a nice method which is easy and effective but not pretty always is putting a bead of rtv sealant on the edge of the removable cover, and letting it sit 5 minutes to cure a bit, then place it sealant side down on a sheet of wax paper on the wax side. Let it cure over night, if it's too thin afterwards thn do it once or twice more. Clean the covers edge with Dawn soap and hot water and dry throughly to remove residue oil before applying.

The magneto is almost 100% dead since they don't take to water well at all. Order another, get cheap epoxy from the store while you wait. Coat the coil area of the magneto with epoxy and let cure. Remove the excess after it cures with a file or carefully with a knife. It does help to clean the mag off before coating it by using a brush and hot water with soap, then rinsing all the soap off and out (5 minutes running hot water min) then either sit with a hair dryer for an hour or do like I do and bake it at 225-250 for 45 minutes center rack in my toaster oven. That gets the water out completely, the epoxy keeps it from ever dying again unless you short it out or just have it die a normal death.

Good luck,

Alright thanks, do you think I should buy a new plug and CDI too or is that fine. And is anyone else one here had those symptoms with a wet mag?

Everyone who's had a wet mag has had a dead mag, I'll say it like that.

CDI is probably OK, if you have the funds buy one as an extra in the future. The spark plug, get at least 1 new one that matches the motor, I recommend 2 so you can do plug chops easily when tuning your carb.

Ok I will buy some more spark plugs and is it normal it sparks sometimes ?

If it's sparking the the mag is not dead, you must have a different problem. Are you certain it was water? First let it continue drying, and then pick up a spark plug, iridium is a very good choice, how old is the motor again?

Perhaps a cdi might be in order... spark plug at least can be found right now at the local auto or small engine shop, again iridium in your preferred temp range is a good start, hey even walmart has stuff, I've seen several iridium plugs end up on the sales racks simply because nobody buys spark plugs at walmart.

Just do your research as to what you will be needing, the sticky threads in the forums have specifications for spark plugs, research research research, maybe even search for things you have questions about or might find interesting, if you think it all out first and double check your measurements you'll end up spending more time riding than tinkering, that's because you know where the problem will be before it happens, you can fix it then go out and have fun without worrying.

Have fun, good luck and wear your damn helmet.

It's only like 2 weeks old, and ok I'll pick up some plugs and keep the thread updated.

Try to get a torque wrench if you can, believe it or not auto zone loans tools for absolutely free, you give them the holders fee (depending on the tool the price varries, a torque wrench is probably 10 bucks) and they hand you the tool, that easy, go outside or home and torque it down right, then bring the tool back and get every penny back you loaned the tool for.

Pawn shops are also readily available in the city I've noticed, and some of them actually have large selections of tools for pretty darn cheap, noticed a harbor freight torque wrench in one for 7 bucks in nice condition. Yes I did buy it. No shame in a spare for loaning or needing.

I just wanted to say thank you for everyone that helped me out with my problem, today I got the new magnito, installed it and it fired right up with no problems. Thanks again

Back