Help Need a Bolt

Mattkablasta

Local time
1:11 AM
To make a long story short I broke one of the long double threaded bolts going through the top of the engine. The part number is M6X112 I believe. I can't find it online anywhere except for buying the whole top cylinder casing which includes the bolts for around $50. I was hoping someone could tell me where to get it or sell me one of theirs.
Thanks,
Matt

Go to the hardware store and either buy some all thread M6 or see if they have the right length...and Lowes is not a hardware store. Ace is. 6 mm is not that uncommon.

While you're at it, replace all of them.

take one of your bolts, along with your part number. to the hardware store... or machinery supply store. they should have something to help you.

those are cylinder studs & the number is the size.

good luck!

Just unwind the broken stud with a small pipe wrench or vise grips and you will have both pieces. It'll cost you a couple of bucks and is not anything to worry about.

Do all of the above & next time(IF it was your fault) keep tightening in more perspective & go a little easier.
Just a little bit tighter...just a little bit tighter...............:oops:

"Just a little bit tighter...just a little bit tighter...."
That's one thing about these kits, you never reach that point where it ever feels tight enough. Judgement is the key.

Back off a bit so it cracks, then tighten.
It's the crack sound as you tighten when they break, if ya don't back off a bit first so the crack sound occurs on the slack.

I found an Ace Hardware that has

Same thing happened to me. I made alot of calls and found one of the old school ACE hardwares that carried 4" M6x1.00. give that a try if you havent found them yet

Thanks for all the replies, I did go to a hardware store and they had an all threaded one that might fit and they also told me that it might be some kind of hardened metal to take the heat or something like that. I was looking for factory replacement but i guess ill give the other one a try. thanks

Back