Brakes HELP, (need coaster brake innards)

montezumasviper

Local time
2:23 AM
Hey all, just got my bike painted and finished. I took a huffy good vibrations deep red cruiser and painted a grupee kit red to match. Looks super cool but unfortunately the wheel jammed after about 20 miles!

So I took the rear hub apart and exploaded bearings appeared. Need less to say its done for. So heres my question.

The bike has a fairly standard wheel. Can I just take an old junk bike and use that wheel?

Also, I'm adding a caliper brake to the front should I use one for the back as well and forgo the coaster brake? If so where can I find a wheel like that that would match a coaster bike type frame. Thanks

Plenty of salvage bike rear wheels would work.
Most all of the cheap bikes I have seen with coaster brakes were about as dry as a bone inside. No grease ! If you replace that wheel consider that it may be pretty dry/worn as well. Here is a bike repair section for working on coaster brakes. If you can find & fit a front brake , it would be great as well.

http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=104

You can have this one - just pay the shipping. It's a shimano 28 hole coaster hub...

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Attachments

• PICT0314b.JPG
    PICT0314b.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 209
  • PICT0332a.JPG
    PICT0332a.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Back