Clutch Help needed ... New pads new bucking bar new cable new cable new problem wont grab

Jeramie

Local time
3:35 AM
Man I really hope somebody can help me with this problem my bucking bar broke ... so I ordered a new seal, new bucking bar, new cable and new clutch pads ... after I installed everything and tightened everything up ... the bike started ... I drove up the street and back ... turned it off ... When I went to go for another ride it had problems starting ... like it wouldn't grab ... then when it did go I had no power ... so I went and tightened it up some more and tried it still slips ... tightened it up some more still slips ... won't even start so I reset it and tried again ... Still slips so bad it wont go ... So I opened it up to check the pads and the were covered with black so I cleaned them all and put them back in and tried it again ... Still won't grab ... So I put the old pads back in and it started but had no power ... So I tightened it ... ( by it I mean flower nut and cable) ... Now wont start still won't grab enough to start ... I am totally bumbed and really want to ride in the first tiny bit of snow we've had this year ... I have looked and looked for a solution but can't figure it out ... I really need help ... Please

I've been cleaning them over and over again but this keeps happening as well

Attachments

• 15793619690772202426045916885184.jpg
    15793619690772202426045916885184.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 204
If the pads are oily the seal behind the small gear is leaking oil, could be the hard starting as well because of the air leak in the case. When you changed the bucking bar did you change the little steel ball behind the bucking bar as well?

Wouldn't I see oil in there if it was leaking ... How much oil would be In it

Are you sure the ball is still in there? The new pads are rarely flat to begin with. You're probably better off with the old pads. It sounds like it's not adjusted properly

Back