help needed

tuck5

Local time
10:16 PM
so it turns out i have a copycat china motor ,Don at grubee said to throw it all away but that alot of money , any way im having trouble with the clutch any idea where i can buy one it has no springs

Attachments

• 20210519_125553.jpg
    20210519_125553.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 113
  • 20210519_125623.jpg
    20210519_125623.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 126
  • 20210519_125707.jpg
    20210519_125707.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 120
  • 20210519_125805.jpg
    20210519_125805.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 105
Staton motorized bicycle site has the reg clutch and a heavy duty one. Ebay has them, make sure you get the straight shaft version 5/8ths. Is your motor ok? Just the clutch is bad? Someone who knows more may comment on a better tranny than the one you have. Nice bike bro!

These type of ebay motors are annoying but not completely junk after all huasheng which he sells is a Chinese engine too. I got a few months of use out of it and the bronze bushing seized up. There is a thread you may be interested in relating to the bushing. I agree the bolt in the middle clutch is weird I've never seen one like it before buying the kit. Anyways:
https://motoredbikes.com/threads/conversion-of-belt-drive-bronze-bushing-to-oilite-bushing.59016/

That don guy seems to overprice some of his stuff too. I mean $220 just for a 144 and no other parts and it's a chinese engine. I have the same clutch the engine ran fine but the clutch is junk.

Also what type of problem with the clutch, if it is grabbing and stalling the engine just tighten the bolts in the middle of the shoes till it doesn't rub I did it and it stopped from grabbing. Keep the gold colored bushing greased every few rides or it will stick to the clutch and gall up.

Last edited:
These type of ebay motors are annoying but not completely junk after all huasheng which he sells is a Chinese engine too. I got a few months of use out of it and the bronze bushing seized up. There is a thread you may be interested in relating to the bushing. I agree the bolt in the middle clutch is weird I've never seen one like it before buying the kit. Anyways:
https://motoredbikes.com/threads/conversion-of-belt-drive-bronze-bushing-to-oilite-bushing.59016/

That don guy seems to overprice some of his stuff too. I mean $220 just for a 144 and no other parts and it's a chinese engine. I have the same clutch the engine ran fine but the clutch is junk.

Also what type of problem with the clutch, if it is grabbing and stalling the engine just tighten the bolts in the middle of the shoes till it doesn't rub I did it and it stopped from grabbing. Keep the gold colored bushing greased every few rides or it will stick to the clutch and gall up.
it feels like it grabs when i let off the gas to stop i can feel it jerking .i found the whole transmission on ebay frrom gbf but it looks like the same thing i have now and i want something different, soon as i can get back to work i can build a transmission that will last i work at a machine shop but covid shut us down and i was just trying to find easy temp. fix lol

The bronze bushing needs grease, also under the flange. I discovered
the manufactiurer overtightens the belt which can be a source of problems
if the bearing runs out of grease. Adjust the tension on the belt so it
isn't so tight. You can't just replace the drive with a Grubee belt drive
unless your shaft is the same diameter. I suspect you have the
15mm shaft version. So a quick option would be to get the BGF
drive and grease the bronze bushing. And then you could mod
it to an oilite bushing if you choose. The optimum is a sealed
bearing solution which I am developing. If you're able to
push the bike along on the ground easily without the motor
running, then it's not the bushing, because the clutch is not
engaged. It's a test of the bushing only. If you just spun the
clutch bell without the belt on, you could test if the clutch bell
moves freely.

Last edited:
The bronze bushing needs grease, also under the flange. I discovered
the manufactiurer overtightens the belt which can be a source of problems
if the bearing runs out of grease. Adjust the tension on the belt so it
isn't so tight. You can't just replace the drive with a Grubee belt drive
unless your shaft is the same diameter. I suspect you have the
15mm shaft version. So a quick option would be to get the BGF
drive and grease the bronze bushing. And then you could mod
it to an oilite bushing if you choose. The optimum is a sealed
bearing solution which I am developing. If you're able to
push the bike along on the ground easily without the motor
running, then it's not the bushing, because the clutch is not
engaged. It's a test of the bushing only. If you just spun the
clutch bell without the belt on, you could test if the clutch bell
moves freely.
it moves freely its mainly when i let off throttle to stop or going down hill i can feel it jerk

Take a look at this vid, which shows the clutch grabbing, and
was solved with stronger springs.

Back