Help!! - No spark on 48cc motor (brand new)

Thats cool Watcher, wish more people would fess up to their mistakes. Shows great charactor and might help someone else as you suggested.
I can'y count the time I've chewed some shoe on this Forum. Ha Ha!

Hey fetor,

You mentioned that you used a dremel to make the intake bigger. Did you leave the barrel on?? Was thinking of porting out the exhaust as well.

Any feedback would be helpful. :)

Hey fetor,

You mentioned that you used a dremel to make the intake bigger. Did you leave the barrel on?? Was thinking of porting out the exhaust as well.

Any feedback would be helpful. :)
I didn't touch the barrel so it could be left where it was....your just working with the steel(or aluminium) carby manifold and the steel exhaust manifold.Both are round at the end and need to be made oval to match the actual engines intake/exhaust ports.

hello watcher, sound like a problem i am having with my electrics.
You mentioned the magneto and CDI , you were able to start with no real power.. later you say it was just the exhaust gasket.. is that all it was? did you ever replace the magneto/CDI to see if that helped? I wonder if maybe my muffler exhaust gasket has gone bad, i noticed it was starting to fall apart last time i took off the muffler. I have only had this engine running for about 4 hours total. Seems like it never starts back up when i shut it down. I suspect a bad magneto..new one on the way

you seemed to have the same issue with your bike too. I always learn something from this site! Thanks again you guys, and good luck to you Watcher!

exhaust

Yeah, I placed my own homemade gasket in there and forgot to make a hole in it :mad: & took a few hours to work it out. Yes, used the original CDI and magneto.

I haven't rode my bike for several weeks as it still seems gutless getting up the hills. I'm still not sure what is expected from a 48cc with a skinny bloke on it and going up a moderate incline hill??

Still have to wear it in I guess, but does wearing it in make that much of a difference (that question is to anyone that wants to answer it:confused:) ??

thanks heaps and good luck with your bike.

:cool:

Last edited:
I weigh 140 and there are some gradual hills that the bike slows down on, but YES, when it breaks in you will know. She'll ask for a little more throttle, but treat her well until then.

Back