Help No Spark!!

Kamalazooz3

Local time
1:40 AM
I just completed my build but there's one problem there's no spark so i took out the spark plug and pushed the bike a little and no spark but when i push the bike while touching the metal part of the spark (the thread) I feel it zapping my hand so then i take out the multimeter to check the magneto for resistance and i get 330 ohms which i think is good so then I move on to the CDI to check its resistance and i get 0.L so I'm kinda puzzled cuz the spark plug zaps me but doesn't produce a spark so the CDI must be working but on the multimeter i don't get a signal, so maybe the CDI is weak? PS: I checked the kill switch and its fine

Thank you for your time

I just completed my build but there's one problem there's no spark so i took out the spark plug and pushed the bike a little and no spark but when i push the bike while touching the metal part of the spark (the thread) I feel it zapping my hand so then i take out the multimeter to check the magneto for resistance and i get 330 ohms which i think is good so then I move on to the CDI to check its resistance and i get 0.L so I'm kinda puzzled cuz the spark plug zaps me but doesn't produce a spark so the CDI must be working but on the multimeter i don't get a signal, so maybe the CDI is weak? PS: I checked the kill switch and its fine

Thank you for your time
It might well be something as easy as throwing away that cheap Chinesium "Z" spark plug your kit came with and replacing it with an NGK-BR6HS plug instead...First thing I always trash everytime I build.

It might well be something as easy as throwing away that cheap Chinesium "Z" spark plug your kit came with and replacing it with an NGK-BR6HS plug instead...First thing I always trash everytime I build.
but is there a way to check the spark plug?

What I am saying is the Z plugs are absolute total JUNK....I never even try to use them anymore...Using a quality plug will at least rule out the bad plug idea...gapping is at .025 thousandths of course.
yea but im a 15 yr old kid with 0$ to my name so i want to ride the bike till i save up for a new plug cuz spark plugs are expensive where i live

yea but im a 15 yr old kid with 0$ to my name so i want to ride the bike till i save up for a new plug cuz spark plugs are expensive where i live
I can relate to that...The link below is where I get mine from if it seems any cheaper...Its amazing how much they have gone up in price like so many other things as well...When I bought this same plug last year, it was $2.65 per plug...lol.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I can relate to that...The link below is where I get mine from if it seems any cheaper...Its amazing how much they have gone up in price like so many other things as well...When I bought this same plug last year, it was $2.65 per plug...lol.

Screenshot 2022-08-02 at 18-11-11 Amazon.com NGK 1090 Standard Spark Plug - BR6HS-10 1 Pack Au...png
see its almost triple the price to order it to my country its 75 SAR which equals around 21$ for 1 spark plug and arrives after 10 days i have tried to find ones locally but they're all chinese crap

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Every sar has an American value of just 0.27 cents, as in pennies. from what I just read online.
oh you thought that it was 21 SAR no i mean 21 us dollar which equals 75 SAR

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-02 at 18-31-59 75sar to usd - Google Search.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-02 at 18-31-59 75sar to usd - Google Search.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 103
Back