Help on the First Build and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving this thread.I just started building mine.My front mount is at a different angle to the front bar, & is
a smaller ID, also.I,m lucky, for I,m a retire machinist with a small shop. I told my wife it must be tuff on
new guys that don't have the machines or back ground to make adjustments as this.When I ordered my
kit I did not think about all the different angles or dia from bike to bike.

It just not something a guy that never took this deal on thinks about.Bud just take your time & think this
out.I,m sure these folks have been there done that, & will help you.

Fly

Sam looking at your bike with your expansion chamber, does that not get hot that close to your leg?
I plan on making one for mine, as soon as I get it broke in.But I have not yet gave it much thought
on how to run it.That look trick, be just wondering.
Fly

Sam looking at your bike with your expansion chamber, does that not get hot that close to your leg?
Fly
If you ever ride in shorts avoid anything hot at your thighs, really.
That bike example for mounting with the upswept exhaust was what he wanted, he regretted it.

Send your exhaust down and away ;-}

13177082_10208499169971278_2894374266405000979_n.jpg
13138850_10208499169931277_7666699763453190246_n.jpg
and then u get stuck with a s**t kit. the studs are so fricken weak they break to easy. I switched up to 3/8" studs ready rod. Redrilled all the holes and retapped. engine doesnt move an inch now. just be careful when u install dont overtighten or torque too much, it just has to be snug otherwise u end up doing this. Don't gloat bout how bad ass your kit is...cause it will turn round and slap u.

View attachment 72077 View attachment 72078 and then u get stuck with a s**t kit. the studs are so fricken weak they break to easy. I switched up to 3/8" studs ready rod. Redrilled all the holes and retapped. engine doesnt move an inch now. just be careful when u install dont overtighten or torque too much, it just has to be snug otherwise u end up doing this. Don't gloat bout how bad ass your kit is...cause it will turn round and slap u.
if you left the rubber out the studs would have been fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back