Help picking a proper bike

Insomniia

Local time
2:20 AM
Hello all, first I'd like to start off by saying I'm completely new to all of this, and I'm not well versed on parts. I purchased this motor :

http://www.gasbike.net/collections/...g-engine-kit-66cc-4-5-hp-with-ported-cylinder

Originally I had thought I would put this on a fat tire bike. I ordered it with the 44 tooth sprocket (I'm roughly 280lbs) and the 1.8 hub size. After doing some reading on this forum it seems that installing one of these on a fat tire bike can be very difficult. Though mechanically inclined and capable of creating some motor mounts or other custom pieces, I'd prefer not to.

My main question is... For my weight what are a few decent bicycle options? I plan on driving on mostly pavement with the occasional off road sessions/capability to drive trails.

Also, will I need to purchase any other parts? I've heard the chain and tensioners that come with these kits aren't so good.

My biggest fear is that when I go to assemble I'm going to be missing a part or something isn't going to fit right so I'm trying to avoid that at all costs.

Many thanks in advance,
Insomniia

Buy a arc bar you can put 2 wheels on top and bottom and order 3 new 415 links right now your gonna break them you don't want to wait 2 weeks for them come in the mail while your bike sits with a motor on it.

Also you don't want a rear suspension bike if your using chain unless maybe you can rig a spring floating tension wheel other wise you need a friction motor look at the frame make sure it's round not wedge so you can get a motor mount make sure you have enough V clearance to fit motor inside.

Back