Help please

Zay304

Local time
8:35 AM
So I picked up this bike today not sure of the cc nothing but it’s having some issues, it won’t idle in one spot when I start it,it goes without me touching it also when holding the clutch in an not touching the throttle it goes as if I’m holding the throttle full speed and will rev high . Also while I’m riding it jerks especially when I start goin faster it’ll jerk bad .Someone please help give me answers or ideas to replace or things to look for that could be bad ?? This is my first barn find decided to come here for help. Thanks in advance:)Oh btw it’s a 2 stroke I do know that

Attachments

• 7A6F2047-E771-471A-BA3F-D0CDDE59DA8A.png
    7A6F2047-E771-471A-BA3F-D0CDDE59DA8A.png
    519.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 8B16C555-2D3E-4557-A724-B4C754101722.png
    8B16C555-2D3E-4557-A724-B4C754101722.png
    514.1 KB · Views: 108
........... Thanks in advance:)Oh btw it’s a 2 stroke I do know that

This probably got swept with no answers because it's a difficult one....where to start with an answer?

From what I can gather from your description....before looking for a fix...

It appears that your engine has no muffler. You cannot run it that way. Before you can dig in to solving the engine issues you need a complete engine including the muffler. The muffler plays an important role besides quieting the noise.

Depending how bad you want this project to go you will need to get a muffler before proceeding.

A muffler can be had for under $20 shipped on Ebay or Amazon. Google.."80cc engine muffler."
If you do get a muffler, it will need to be installed where there are no leaks at the engine muffler connection.

Once this is done come back here and we go from there on tuning the engine to run right.

I looked hard at the pics and cannot see a muffler anywhere...on the engine or on the ground. If there's one it should be installed.

Make sure you have no air leaks between the carb and manifold. There should be an O ring in between them.

Make sure you have no air leaks between the carb and manifold. There should be an O ring in between them.
That would depend on the kit he has and where it was bought from, most of these ebay cheap China Girl kits usually still come with the regular NT carby's that do not include this O ring and would not be readily apparent to the owner that one should be there and that it should be a Viton O ring gasket at that.

The only kits that automatically include them, to my knowledge at present, are the kits coming with the JRL BoFeng carby's that all of the Zeda and Phantom 85 motors now come with.

When Zeda was still using stock NT's, they never came with these O rings gaskets.

Besides the missing exhaust pipe/muffler system, there also appears to be some sort of motor damage on the front left corner of the motor as well like the bike fell and slid on that corner which likely could account for the missing exhaust/muffler as well...It looks to me like it ripped right through the fins along the side of the cyclinder jug.

A close-up pic would remove all doubt if it were provided, I downloaded it long enough to magnify it close up and even though blurry, looks like it is damaged.

Unfortunately, even though a blurred pic under extreme magnification, I am unable to post that blowup to the forum for all to see, it will only transfer at original size, so the OP would need to supply the close up pic of that motor not only there, but all around close up pics of that motor.

I was also able to see that the carby is definitely a stock NT carby, so unless the original builder bought an O ring elsewhere and put it in, he will not find one inserted into the carby where the intake manifold slides into it.

1679449072887.png

Do you have play with the throttle does it wiggle before it engaged that's what it sounds like to me your throttle cable is to shorts so it's held open just a tiny bit and with no load it will rev high that way plus you need some kinda of pipe for exhaust

Back