Help putting disc brakes/any better brake on a huffy Nel Lusso

That is a lot of realestate in between those stays in pic above. Most bikes don't have that much space.
porta-power, lol
Doesn't work very well on an alloy frame, you can get away with it on a steel frame.
The sprocket/disk spacer adaptor that i have is not even a half inch of space between the sprocket and the disk and i still had to hand stretch the STEEL FRAME rear fork and then use a spare 15mm rear wheel hold down nut, held in place with blue locktite, after the disk, but inside the fork resting against the inner portion of the drop down, in order to maintain that stretch spread so the disk itself doesnt rub against the frame...But that spacer came with my mags that were already equipped with the disks and sprocket installed.

The "top hat" spacers im seeing in the pics seem too big to actually be of any practical use with most bikes ive seen converted to motorised bikes...DAMIEN

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Now look at the item real good you’ll see how it works. Also you can get them cheaper than this one. This was a example one.

The way it works you slide the chain sprocket on tighten. Slide on adapter to mag line your six holes up. Put your rotor on too as last thing. Then you bolt it all together . Make sure you tighten good and loctite is a must.

man thanks guys for all of your help with the spacer info. I will let you know how it all works out for me.

Back