Help Required Please

Gazman Huntly

Local time
12:46 AM
Hi, can some please help me with an issue l have with my bike? It seems to me like this bolt keeps coming loose and I have no compression when this happens. I tighten this bolt and I seem to have compression and when l try to start my bike and let the clutch out nothing happens and the bolt seems loose again. I can push my bike with the clutch out and the bolt will turn with the drive gear.
Any advise on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Gazman

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 146
that bolt needs some loctite on it so it doesnt come loose but id make sure the little woodruff key is still on the crank. it sounds like maybe the woodruff key came out.

that bolt needs some loctite on it so it doesnt come loose but id make sure the little woodruff key is still on the crank. it sounds like maybe the woodruff key came out.
Thanks very much. Can I check the woodruff key is this there without taking the drive gear cog off?

no youll have to remove the gear. your kit should have came with the puller to get it off. sometimes quality control isnt the best and it may have been assembled without the woodruff key. really its always best to go thru the engine before installing to make sure it was assembled properly.

Thanks heaps, I did have the tool to remove the gear:D. As you can see the woodruff key is gone or wasn’t installed at the beginning. I will purchase the part and some loctite.
One more question, if the bike didn’t have the woodruff key from the beginning and has run smoothly for 6 months why would this issue occur now?
Thanks again, I greatly appreciate your help.
Gazman

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 113
Could be the bolt was just tight enough to let it run, but once broke in it loosened off. The key never fell out of the case when you took the cover off?

If you take the gear to an auto parts store they may have a piece of key stock that you can cut a new one.

T
Could be the bolt was just tight enough to let it run, but once broke in it loosened off. The key never fell out of the case when you took the cover off?
Thanks very much, it may have fell out.
Thanks for your help.
Gazman

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back