Help. Springer fork install....

Stan4d

Local time
11:05 AM
I have searched and found solutions to spacing and the correct way to install the bearing. Also found that I need to cut the top tube down.
What I really need to know is...Where the wheel mounts into the forks, Should there be a spacer between the forks? Or should they just bolt together on each side of the wheel.

Thank you for your reply!! Looking at it, they will not move against each other right? The arms seem to go to tube awful quick and will be touching about 2 inches up also.

You could also get spacers for the top tube, if you are worried about cutting it.Or just incase you build another bike you might need the tube length.

MotoMagz

You could also get spacers for the top tube, if you are worried about cutting it.Or just incase you build another bike you might need the tube length.

MotoMagz
Tube is about 6 inches to long. Havent cut it yet, but I did some monster spacers like you said just to see how it worked and looked. I am going to save it for a different build. Thanks to all for the answers, they did work perfectly. Sorry about the delay in updating this, and again thanks.

Wow six inches..ya thats a monster spacer.I thought you were looking at an inch or so.
What brand of fork is it?Thats a long tube.

Motomagz

6 inches. Wow Now you have a place to mount your GPS.
lol

Jim

And an industrial size First aid Kit, and a quart of Red Loctite. (I have heard that the nuts and bolts on these things should be well secured.)
I will try to get a pic with it next to the bike for reference and post it soon.

Ok...here are the pics as promised. You can clearly see how much taller it is compared to the old fork that is still on the bike. My wife even gave me her tape measure and you can see that it is 6 inches too tall. LOL Actually I got the 6 inch measurement from the top of the head on the handlebar mount to the nut....sorry I was not clear on that.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 812
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 802
Back