Help starting a perfect engine

Mr.Thompson1275

Local time
9:50 PM
I got a Raw Racer 3 , basically the tuned up YD100 and and I ran it forever and let it sit a year I recently got it back out and it ran but shut off the coil was bad I replaced the coil and now I can’t even get it to pop once it has spark and compression and fuel no air leaks and head bolts right every bolt tight the spark is blue and at the right time basically at TDC each time I don’t know what’s going on first it was too rich but was because it didn’t spark fluently but I fixed that and I leaned it out and still ran rich but then too lean but won’t run at all gas keeps going the plug even after easing and lowering the needle but then I found a spot that didn’t do that and it’s perfect now but still won’t pop at all has compression it’s like 38 degrees here but I heated the cylinder up with a heat gun but all opinions please

Attachments

• 1803B69F-63BB-4A79-8DC0-3AF7464C2411.jpeg
    1803B69F-63BB-4A79-8DC0-3AF7464C2411.jpeg
    290.7 KB · Views: 107
1) Please use punctuation

2) What does ' I ran it forever' mean exactly? How long have you had it and how long did you run it before not touching it for a year?

3) If you truly had spark, compression, fuel, and air, it would run. Or at least fire off a few times. You're clearly missing at least 1 of the 3. On 2 strokes I've found it's harder to find exactly what you're missing, specifically when it comes to fuel and air. Spark is easy.

How do you know you have fuel? How do you know it has air? Specifics are key.

The latter half of your post makes no sense. I'm maybe a third in the bag and have no idea what you're trying to convey. How exactly do you know the spark it close to TDC? "Spark fluently"? Do the sparks speak? "ran rich" So the engine actually runs? But too lean now? You're contradicting yourself.

You need to slow down and give more concise information.

I’m a small engine mechanic in my town only one I can tell by the spark plug I fix tractors though not these and this still got me stumped , it ran 10 months ago , I ran it a total of 300-400 miles I ran it daily to work before I parked it for summer since I left home I came back to it not running , I’m in BFE of the Appalachian mountains so I know nobody messed with it that and it was in a garage , when I did run it it it shut off for no reason I blew the coil out , I replaced coil but my gas line has these gold small dust coming down after it being a new tank and the carb I drained and re filled it goes to the cylinder but nothin , I replaced the gasket on the exhaust and dumped out any oil , I put spark plug meter to it and it works , it’s set at 0.025 , has no air leaks turned it over and listened and checked too , the gap for the magneto is a business card gap same for what I’d do to a tractor , the breather to the carb is good the fuel goes into the bowl , it has compression , the piston and sides are not scored the top Head bolts are tightened and torqued re torqued to 27 ft-lb , everything should work and but still dont

Is it getting a good blue spark through the plug, yellow not good? If you spray some fuel into the carb throat does it start at all?

I ended up findin the main jet screw at the bottom where the needle goes in was loose but thanks for the help I did have to clean it as well s**t flys now goes like 52 on the flats with the 48t

Back