HELP !!! Stinkin Magnito Coil Lil Piece Of !@#!! Can I use a screw to fix ?HELP!!!

chain

Local time
4:21 AM
Ok That little wire that comes out of the coil . Bike kept dying, realized lil crap wire was broke off
of the soldered blob . Re-solder all good Till It broke again this time from inside coil .Hardly no
wire showing ....SO
So Can I just use a metal screw (small) screw it into coil hole where wire came out
and re-solder that ?.
Any one do anything ...Ingenious ...Idiotic ...Asinine like this ??
Need to get this running asap .
Thanks

well i think those wires are insulated from each other if im not mistaking so maybe not so good

those are so hard to repair, that few even attempt it (many folks carry spare CDI & mag)

IMG_3372.jpgThis is the wire I'm talking about . I have a new coil on order but just wanted to know
what this wire is and can I do something to this one at least to have a s spare . I hate electrical stuff !!!

that wire is the ground path for the inside end of the coil - it grounds the other end of the blue wire (and also the white wire if you have one)

sometimes one can get a small piece of wire to stick on it with solder to make enough slack to tack it back to the armature, but other times it just fries the coil due to the heat of soldering

I don't believe you can use a screw because the screw might damage the windings. I do have another suggestion. Solder it back together, then carefully test it for continuity using a multimeter. If the connection is good, cover the solder joint with epoxy, making sure the epoxy sticks to the solder joint and the plastic, use a big fat glob and press it down good but be careful not to break the solder joint. This should prevent the solder joint from breaking again.

Hey , yea I should of tried that the first time I soldered it . I suck at it and that might of helped ! ha
I don't believe you can use a screw because the screw might damage the windings. I do have another suggestion. Solder it back together, then carefully test it for continuity using a multimeter. If the connection is good, cover the solder joint with epoxy, making sure the epoxy sticks to the solder joint and the plastic, use a big fat glob and press it down good but be careful not to break the solder joint. This should prevent the solder joint from breaking again.

I've seen that some of the 2-wire type use an external ground instead of that soldered lead.

Back