Help to identify engine and transmission

rad1

Local time
9:56 AM
I bought a well used motorized bike from a kid who didn't know much about it. He said it has a 79cc engine, didn't know what brand. I think the bike has been passed around a bit and given up on for various reasons. Can anyone identify the engine and transmission on this?

Engine is marked DK152F/P-1, serial # 1 907 169 122, a metal plate says the manufacturer is Dinking. Transmission has a Max-torque clutch with 11 tooth sprocket, and the rear wheel sprocket is 58 tooth.

Is this indeed a 79cc, and do all 79cc engines basically use the same size parts and gaskets between manufacturers?

I have a very steep driveway, and this will not carry me (140 lbs.) up the hill without pedaling, even with that 58 tooth rear sprocket. Will removing the governor make it climb better, or does the engine have other problems? It will go a lot faster on level ground than the engine will turn going up hill.
MB5.jpeg
MB4.jpeg
MB2.jpeg
MB1.jpeg
MB3.jpeg

I know the engine manufacturer is Dinking, but is that the same as the Predator that I have seen mentioned many times?

Predator like yes, the Dinking brand would be similar to the predator, I believe the transmission is a q-matic belt drive, I'm trying to remember who made them.

The transmission is an EZ Motorbike Q-Matic transmission. This is a very strong, reliable and well thought out motorized bicycle transmission. The engine could be a 79cc Grey Hound from Harbor Freight before they sold the Predator engines. The 79cc Grey Hound engines were tested with Q-Matics by the EZM Company at one time, and I believe they were manufactured by Lifan. If you get time check the cam gear, the 79cc Grey Hound cam gear was made out of plastic.

Zean nailed it! My mind wasnt working & couldn't remember name, I believe his belt has stretched & it's not staying in the lower gear as long as it should be/ belt is slipping from being stretched out. That bike should pull a hill pretty decent, it could be a stretched belt or the pulley sheaves are not sliding in & out like there supposed to.

Also you can tune that trans with a slightly shorter or longer belt,= shorter belt for torque. Longer belt for speed. Also if you want more torque you can shim the pulley sheaves on engine side so the belt runs deeper in the pulley.

Wow, this is some good information, DieselTech and zean! Both the inner half and the outer half of the crank pulley are locked in place with a set screw. Are you saying that the outer part of that pulley is intended to open and close on its own? Or do I unscrew it so the belt rides as low as possible so I can ride up a steep grade without pedaling?

Or, if I put a shorter belt on it I can climb steeper grades? I'm not interested in speed on this bike, but I live in a hilly area, so climbing them is my only need.

Let me look at your pics again, but 1 of them pulleys should be able to move in & out I thought, just like a cvt comet trans.

Sorry there rad1 it's not adjustable as I thought it was. I'm sorry there I should of studied pics better.

Sorry there rad1 it's not adjustable as I thought it was. I'm sorry there I should of studied pics better.
Thanks, DieselTech. I have been looking at the EZM website, and just sent them a message describing what I'm dealing with, size of current pulley and belt, and seeing what they will recommend.

Back