Help, will not start

whowhere

Local time
2:19 PM
Hi all,

I am having trouble getting my chinese two stroke 80cc to start. I tested the compression and I am reading about 80lbs does this sound about right? I tested for a spark by touching the plug to the cylinder. There is a spark but still not working. Could it be my carburator? If so, what can I do to the carburator?

You might want to check to see if you are getting gas -- pull the plug and put a small amount of gas in.. Does it fire a little ? Your compression doesn't sound too low - but - I am guessing something around 110 would be better ??? Mountainman

You might want to check to see if you are getting gas -- pull the plug and put a small amount of gas in.. Does it fire a little ? Your compression doesn't sound too low - but - I am guessing something around 110 would be better ??? Mountainman

It looks like it was getting gas, as gas was dripping out the exhaust pipe. I am thinking I may getting to much gas and not enough air.

Is your CDI wired in and wired in correctly? Sounds like an electrical to me.

BSA

Check to see if there are any major blockages in your carb/manifold or exhaust pipe. Does it at least try to fire?

And if it's trying to fire, it would probably be the cdi, like BSA said.

Check to see if there are any major blockages in your carb/manifold or exhaust pipe. Does it at least try to fire?

And if it's trying to fire, it would probably be the cdi, like BSA said.

It does try to fire. I do the spark test, and there is a spark. If I am getting a spark, cdi should be good?????

Try this ..unhook yer killswitch and by pass that.....i screwed with my bike fer 2 days before trying this..BINGO..now i turn engine off via the choke

Maddy

the problem with some kill switchs is the spring inside..its weak..so after a few press's....it just stays in the kill poition...there by killing the engine before it even starts

GL

also i was getting a spark.....but once the bike bounces ..rumbles...whatever....the kill switch would still kill it

Last edited:
Try this ..unhook yer killswitch and by pass that.....i screwed with my bike fer 2 days before trying this..BINGO..now i turn engine off via the choke

Maddy

the problem with some kill switchs is the spring inside..its weak..so after a few press's....it just stays in the kill poition...there by killing the engine before it even starts

GL

also i was getting a spark.....but once the bike bounces ..rumbles...whatever....the kill switch would still kill it

Actually, disconnected that switch long ago. Still problems. I am measuring 353 ohms across the Magneto coil.

Does that sound about right to anyone?

I have discovered a problem!!

Whether it is theee problem I do not know.

After looking at the magneto and such, the key fell off the shaft. On closer look at the shaft key, it is so short that the magneto was probably slipping on the shaft. I have a farm surplus store that probabably sells, makes these keys. I'll get a new one, and cross my fingers:)

Back