Help with clutch arm going back on and engaging

Kylelp

Local time
1:22 PM
Hello all,

I come to you in desperation, I bought a bt80 bicycle kit. I had it all complete and noticed it was very hard to turn the back wheel (it was almost locked up). After some trial and reading, I took off the clutch side (that has the rubber) and loosened the nut, this has allowed the sprocket to spin freely. However I had the other side off that had the clutch lever on it and now the clutch lever and housing won't go on. It seems the bar sticks out too much now. I can remove that clutch lever and the housing goes on. I don't think i'm missing any pieces.

I'm pretty frustrated and i'm not sure what to do or what made it all of a sudden be like that. I push the bar in by hand nothing on the clutch side moves/engages.

Take the cover off and turn the lever until it drops down. There is a pin that engages a flat spot on the lever shaft.

Once you get that working, lock the clutch handle and adjust the flower nut until you have 1.5 - 2mm between the clutch pads and the pressure plate. A 13/16" 6 point socket fits the flower nut.

Release the clutch handle. The rear wheel should turn the motor over. If not, lock the handle, tighten the flower nut a little more. Etc.
Once you get it insert the lock screw.

Back