Help With Disk Brakes on Hyper Cruiser

Megaphone

Local time
1:30 AM
Hey guys, well time has come where I think the rear coaster brake just wont cut it .. lol .. Trying to stop from 35MPH .. is kinda hairy … Where can I buy a adapter than would allow disk brakes on the front and maybe even the rears ? Also what disk brakes do you guys recommend ?

Attachments

• BIKE.jpg
    BIKE.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 227
My friend is getting new front floater forks,,, disk brake front wheel and caliper with braket for $200 Cnd funds/// $160 Usd...

Not Down Hill Mountain bike forks,,, Urban assault floater forks,,, gooder enough for this classic beach Cruiser...

At least he will have both brakes when its done 👍
Are those not 1 and 1/8th steering tube dia where a classic beach cruiser has a 1" head tube.

I didn't measure his steering head since we had too many things on the go...

Our bike shop friend got it sorted...
This is his bike after the big crash
View attachment 98832

Bent alot of crap when he ran over a guy... both came out of it ok,,, aluminum frame...

It won't last long since he's not a very gentle operator... Took him 10 minutes from the time he had it new before the crunch... Lol...

1" x 1" straight head I think ...
exactly and the floater fork is a 1 and 1/8th" steering tube, it wont fit without using adaptor bearing cups and bearings and the head tube length may also be an issue JS .

Back