Help with New Bike

S

stowaway

I recently bought this motorised bike already assembled.
I was quiet disapointed with it. For starters the seller said it would go 50kph with a 100kg person and it goes about 35 with me whos 92kg.... (although i admit i havent tested this with a speedo.. im just guessing. i could be wrong)
and second its not a smooth ride. it seems to click and clank around when i ride it.

Im thinking about taking the motor out and putting it in the top picture of a bike i saw on ebay. Do you think there will be enough room? Im going to go measure it up on the weekend but i have my doubts. any suggestions would be appreciated.

2858_bike2_1.jpg

2858_bike1_1.jpg

I'd say no, though I'd like you to prove me wrong! ;)

Just looking at your MTB, if it was put together by the same guy who put together the one I just bought, check your front engine mount. Mine has the hole drilled through the frame with a long bole through it.... not the best setup.... on the chopper I had the mount welded to the downtube, better peace of mind.

You could also slip a cut up tyre tube between the seatpost mount and the down tube to limit some of the vibration.

They are rattly and vibrate a lot...just the nature of the beast. I find it hard to believe these bikes go much more than 35-38mph on a good day.

It will probably be very difficult to put your motor in that lowrider. If you do manage to get it in there and working, your speed will be even less due to the smaller rear wheel.

Dan

Re: wheels

stowaway said:
Why do the wheels need to be 26inches?
a bike with 26" wheels tends to have a big enough frame to fit the kit easily
bikes with smaller wheels are generally smaller frames and tighter fit if not impossible without some modification work

it isn't a need, more of a technical/mechanical standard. the "happy time" will pretty much bolt right on to most basic 26" bicycles...if you want to go 24" or 20" you'll encounter a lot of space/fit problems, some of which are overcome with special mounts, sprockets, etc...

chopper

I just want a big Cruisy chooper with big handle bars. a lowrider type.

I'll have a look around at all the bike shops for a 26" tyres... But I havent found much on ebay/trading post ect.

augidog said:
it isn't a need, more of a technical/mechanical standard. the "happy time" will pretty much bolt right on to most basic 26" bicycles...if you want to go 24" or 20" you'll encounter a lot of space/fit problems, some of which are overcome with special mounts, sprockets, etc...

plus, the 20 inch wheel will have buncha-torque, (wheelies :D ) and very lttle top speed. Prolly less than 20 mph at WOT.

Do you plan to ride for pleasure or transportation?

Back