Help with wheel issue

RollingStones

Local time
3:43 PM
Hello everyone!

I am building a Rolling Stones themed all black white motor bike with a bobber motorcycle influence.

The frame is a litefoot beach cruiser with 26" wheels.

The bike was given to me by a friend not running and after installing a new carb and throttle I was able to make it run.

One of the issues with it was that my buddy did away with the shifter on the bike and the chain would always skip gears and end up falling off. Because of this while I'm rebuilding I want to get a new wheel for it and make it single speed but I'm not sure how to attach the motor hub onto the new wheel.

The one I have now has 6 holes and not 9 like I've seen mostly online and it seems to be built directly onto the wheel not like it was installed by anyone.

Could anyone give me pointers on the best wheel to get for making it single speed and being able to attach a new hub (set of bushings and new hubs arriving tomorrow the type with the 9 holes) I would like if possible to get a 24" or 20" wheel for the rear and have a bigger wheel on front

Thanks in advance!

Can you post a pic of the gears on the rear wheel? It would make it easier to help you.

Back