help with wide pedal crank

artmaker

Local time
6:14 AM
So, I have one of those zeda built in gas tank bikes, with a two stroke, added a pull starter so needed the extra wide pedal crank. Found one on ebay and got it installed but there is a LOT of wiggle in the crank, and no amount of youtube searching is finding this same style.
This is what I bought. ebay junk Any clues how to get that in tighter? What I may have missed?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I think mine is older but it looks like the same kit. Try what Chainlube says
CB02BEA1-1808-456C-95B1-76D2117D876A.jpeg
I’m sure it the same kit. Zoom in and see.

usually when the crank is sloppy means the caged bearings are no good. Probably need one or both caged crank bearings

Well after spraining both wrists, bike work took a vacation. Still sore in one hand but went back at it.
So pedals.... simply were not in tight enough and one whole bearing ring plain fell out of it's pocket. So took that apart, tightened it pretty good, very little wiggle now, probably within tolorances, but.... before I put the pedal arms on and cut my chain, thought I'd try starting it. First time of the year is always the worst. My thinking is if I can get it started once, with the pull starter on, I just might take that back off and put my old pedals back on. (This new set is crap.)
So changed last years gas, all fresh stuff. Only had the bike for ONE season.... and it simply will NOT FIRE!
It sounded like it huffed ONCE.... my arm hurts, my hand hurts, pull pull pull prime prime, check the plug did I flood it, no, pull pull pull cuss cuss cuss.... I HATE SMALL MOTORS! So now with great riding weather I have TWO motorized bikes sitting there unable to start either one and I don't know what to try next.
I am beyond frustrated at this point.

Back