help with wide pedal crank

Try choking it. After couple pull on pull start.No start. Make sure fuel valve is open.After that pull the spark plug it should be wet. If not carburetor isn’t letting gas to engine. Carburetor problem clean it real good.Lets move on still no start ,remove plug again put back in plug wire lay on the head pull the pull start look real close at the spark plug for spark. Still haven’t figure it out check compression.. There are 3 things for it to run. 1) fuel 2) spark 3) air. Hope all this helps be safe and good luck

Hey check this out..... drill starting
now I have watched that several times, even ran out to Lowes and bought that piece for the drill.... however.
The guy who made that video just barely mentions how "he made this to work." It's not designed to hold a socket. It's got a five sided end designed to work in certain small motors. (Actually looked at my weed wacker and it has a spot for electric starting so this won't go to waste.) BUT.... how in blazes does one attach a socket to this thing????

If this works, that pull start and the wide pedals are both getting early retirement. Bike isn't hard to start after it's been running so say on my return home ride I'd just start it up the old way, pedal and pop. It's just that first cold start is always a pain. Sure would be nice to fire it up easy, then ride.

Hey check this out..... drill starting
now I have watched that several times, even ran out to Lowes and bought that piece for the drill.... however.
The guy who made that video just barely mentions how "he made this to work." It's not designed to hold a socket. It's got a five sided end designed to work in certain small motors. (Actually looked at my weed wacker and it has a spot for electric starting so this won't go to waste.) BUT.... how in blazes does one attach a socket to this thing????

If this works, that pull start and the wide pedals are both getting early retirement. Bike isn't hard to start after it's been running so say on my return home ride I'd just start it up the old way, pedal and pop. It's just that first cold start is always a pain. Sure would be nice to fire it up easy, then ride.
Take the carbs off both bikes and give them a good cleaning, no amount of fiddling around will get them started reliably without clean carbs.

Use good clean fuel and run them out of gas at the end of the season.

Take the carbs off both bikes and give them a good cleaning, no amount of fiddling around will get them started reliably without clean carbs.

Use good clean fuel and run them out of gas at the end of the season.
I will try, but honestly, the bike is barely through it's break in period. I have an old used lawn mower I NEVER had to tinker with. Thing just starts up year after year. Basically the same kind of motor.

My 4 stroke, I cleaned the carb, first time not all the way, took it off and with the help of a friend took it completely apart and cleaned it good. Still didn't work. Bought a brand new one, got one season out of it but it ran like crap, less power, sluggish. Until it just won't start at all. I don't think that one is a carb problem. Though I have no clue what the problem is there. Tested for compression, tested for spark, all good.

And of course I replace the gas in both bikes in spring. Even buy the marine no alcohol gas.
I am just totally at a loss with these bikes.

I will try, but honestly, the bike is barely through it's break in period. I have an old used lawn mower I NEVER had to tinker with. Thing just starts up year after year. Basically the same kind of motor.

My 4 stroke, I cleaned the carb, first time not all the way, took it off and with the help of a friend took it completely apart and cleaned it good. Still didn't work. Bought a brand new one, got one season out of it but it ran like crap, less power, sluggish. Until it just won't start at all. I don't think that one is a carb problem. Though I have no clue what the problem is there. Tested for compression, tested for spark, all good.

And of course I replace the gas in both bikes in spring. Even buy the marine no alcohol gas.
I am just totally at a loss with these bikes.
Take the pull start cover off and the cup, look at the end of the crank and make sure the woodruff key is still lined up in both slots, one on the crank and the other on the flywheel. A broken key will still give you spark but not at the right time.

Ok, back at this. I'm thinking now that stupid pull starter was a bad idea. The cord is so short, motor just goes pfft. I don't think there is enough to give it a good shot.

I have a plan B which I will try tomorrow, meanwhile I just got a multimeter and thought I'd start with the easy stuff. See if my plug is good.
No R in the plug so non resistance. So the meter SHOULD do nothing right? Well mine is all over the place. 400 something, then down to 20 something, then nothing, back up, all while I'm holding the probes absolutely still. WTH? Bad plug?????? What is a good plug to use in a basic 2 stroke chinese motor?

Well... still no fire at all...... but I got my multi meter, found videos, tested the magneto and viola, thing must be shorted out. Got a reading of 4. (like air might register.) And there are a few what looks like burn marks on the insulation so yea, it somehow got fried.

Dragged out an old 2 stroke that long ago died after I spilled the bike, and that one is fried as well.

So again I wait now for parts to show up. Darn. Maybe I'll go back to ripping out my hair with the old 4 stroke. I did buy a tool to find top dead center, might give adjusting that thing another go.

Back