Help With Wiring?

markshelfer

Local time
3:04 AM
I am trying to figure out how to wire up the kill switch on my HT 70cc. I have the red black and blue wire coming from the kill switch, and I don't know what to do with them. I think I have the CDI wired right, not much to foul up there. But there is a white wire coming from the same place as the the black and blue CDI wires in the engine. What do I do with this white wire?

I have tried searching on the site but there just doesn't seem to be a head lamp Omnibus.

There is just no way I'm smart enough to make one from scratch - bless you cyclers who can!! So is there a particular mass market head lamp you can gut and graft on to that white wire?

(where is the clueless cog icon shrugging?)

:D

not trying to be rude

Throw away that cheap push button kill switch and get a good toggle. Then look at this thread:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=8579
You'll save in burnt out magneto's and frustration.
Yes. Thank yourself for choosing to join us. :D

Hi,,, I'm not trying to be rude, I'm new to building bikes, but why have some talked about if you don't want to use the white wire as a kill switch saying it shorts out the magneto. I thought that the white wire was only for powering a lamp, and the standard procedure for wiring up the coil to the motor to the kill switch was using the only the blue and black wires..
Thanks Gilbert..

It's because the white wire should ONLY be used to power a lamp or whatever NOT to be used as a kill switch grounded to ground when the button is pushed.
These magneto's are built cheaply as it is. It's like when you turn on a light,current goes thru the filament,causing the light to glow. Eventually that filament will burn out. You push the kill switch button to ground the white wire. Eventually that thin copper winding will short out somewhere. Toggle to blue wire simply cuts off the circuit instead of adding to it.
I think this clip explains my respect for Large and all of the very wise friends I have here:

CLICK HERE!

HAHAHAHA!!! Thanks for the kind words,guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi but thats what I'm saying the white wire shouldn't be used for anything but a lam. Only the black and blue for a kill switch. When i read some topics on kill switch there has been sentences that say. " for those of you who don't want to use the white wire" It makes it sound like there saying you can use it but for those of oyu who don't.
Anyway are you a Filipino??? My wife is a Filipina, I have in the past enjoyed studying Cebuano/bisaya. Still do some from time to time.
Thanks Gilbert.....

Back