Help!

"Ride one and you'll buy one". That has been the company slogan for a long time and I agree completely. I have an upgraded 2000 WC-1 and a vintage (1946) rebuilt "H" motor and NOS parts for a 1950 Columbia build. Yep I rode one and now I'm working on my second. hehe :D

Jim

Just a quick comment about "ride one and you will buy one". If anyone wants a "classic" style Whizzer, you better buy one really soon. The inventory is declining quickly, and soon your only option will be the NE-R version. Think about it for a moment, the prices have soared on the NE5 and even the earlier WC-1 version [with valve seat problems] have sold like "hot cakes" recently. Don't tell anyone but "follow the money trail", why all of a sudden [over the last 6 months] have all the earlier versions gained value, could it be the last chance to own a "vintage" retro style is nearing the end? I know of many dealers that purchased the earlier WC-1 models recently, and upgraded them, because they had customers waiting for them. Why? It appears many, many, many, are willing to pay up to $2000.00 for the earlier upgraded models. Every once in a while I hear of one selling for far less, and my advice is to buy it, in fact I will state buy any you can, before an era comes to an end. If you want [or ever wanted] to own a classic Whizzer, best start looking soon, before they are gone.
Like I have stated in the past, Whizzers are in a class of thier own, and that 4 stroke flathead motor produces power and a sound second to none. I know of a few new ones still in dealers inventory, so contact your nearesat dealer to "make a deal". Many of the dealers are of course "sold out", but there are still some around. Who knows, with Christmas around the corner, the dealer might just cut the price a little [I know of a couple of dealers that have one or two in stock]to make your holidays even better.

Have fun,
Buy a Whizzer,
Quenton

Quenton Question

Would you tell me what the problem is with the ambassador 08 you were talking about and also I know where there is a new 08 ne5 is someone is interested he has 1 left. Here or N8ygn@aol.com if you like. Thank you (Dane)
I am curious about the lifter in it and so on because of the more hp motor.

Quinton - 68mph, I'm impressed. LOL and when you thing about it you are doing it on a Schwinn essentially. I am surprised about the changes made to the Whizzer. Looking at it I think you could regain the looks by getting rid of the junk they have added to pander to the motorcycle crowd. Mark my words it will not work and they are getting them selves in trouble. OK now I have something to shoot for, but that is awful fast. Have fun, Dav

Hi Everyone,
I will try my best to pass some important information out to help keep all the Whizzers in good working order. In answer to Dane's questions, There were several major changes between the first [limited version] Ambassador and the current production edition. I must admit I am totally confused about the CVT setup because I thought the advantage of the CVT was to allow better take off and still have a decent amount of top end [after all it is a un-restricted motorcycle]. However it appears the output pulleys are 70MM and 50MM. I can't understand the need for such small pulleys unless the CVT is absorbing so much power from the motor to operate. Many experts tell me the CVT uses a lot of power to function, so maybe the belt ratios of 11.43 X 1, and 16 X 1 are needed because of the amount of power left to move the bike forward. The problem with such ratios is the motor must turn very high RPMs to reach the advertized speed of 40 MPH [top speed of 40 MPH on a motorcycle?]. According to the speedometer & tachometer on my Ambassador the motor was turning above 7000 RPMs to reach speeds near 40 MPH. Since I do a lot of long distance riding the higher RPM level made me somewhat uneasy, and I installed a clutch with different ratios to lower the RPMs at crusing speeds. While it is true the bike is slower leaving the stop signs, I was willing to sacrifice for the smoother cruising speed. Another major difference is the head design, once again I was puzzled over the new head and the location of the spark plug. The new edition head looks to have lost a portion of the cooling fins [I think more fins are needed, not less to cool the motor better], and after the last century of improvements to the internal combustion engine, I am somewhat shocked to see the spark plug moved closer to the piston. During the early tests of the Ambassador I moved the spark plug forward [changed positions of the compression release and the spark plug], and found the motor ran hotter, the throttle lagged, and it was necessary to raise the idle to keep the motor running when stopped. I also know the surface area near the center rear head bolt is reduced [approx 66% less] on the new head and I expect to see head gasket problems in the near future at that location [hope I am wrong].
As far as my comments about the earlier WC-1 and the NE, "if you find one, buy it", I consider it good advice because both motors can be modified to make a "rock solid" motorbike. My only hope [and everyone else] is that the cylinder upgrade kit will continue to be offered to allow the many thousands of WC-1 motors to be modified and used.
A few comments for Egor........ While it is true many of my bikes will exceed 68 MPH, and some I haven't tested yet [even faster] might easily eclipse 70 MPH, I enjoy the knowledge that it is possible to reach these goals. Of course most cars will in fact exceed the speed limit, but we don't normally drive at the higher speeds, but when I approach a hill, I know I have enough power to make it to the top. I actually think it possible to pull enough power from the Whizzer motor to touch 80 MPH in the future.

Have fun,

Consider this...... If gas is currently at $1.80 per gallon in most areas, that means if your motorbike gets 90 MPG [average of most Whizzers] the cost is $0.02 per mile. The new motorbike I am working on has exceeded 160 MPG so the cost is $001.125 per mile at todays gas prices. So when the future price of gas rises [it will] the motorbike will offer cheaper transportation and a lot of fun in the process.

Have fun,

Quinton - Are you going to market the bike you are working on? Any chance we could have a peak. What is the configuration, is the lay-out like the whizzer? I would like to see a pic of one of the fast bikes you have built, do you have one posted? Sorry for the questions! Have fun, Dave

Another one for Quinton - I was thinking of putting the whizzer on a WorksMan bike, I am not fond of the Whizzer frame, do you think it would fit, have you seen one done? I like the Works frame and would like to make up a gas tank for that hole that would look good. Have fun, Dave

Back