Help!!!

Newbie21

Local time
2:23 PM
So I just bought my first gas bike--After 2 weeks it seized up--So come to find out I had to buy a new bucking bar and wheel bearing-I got it put in and now my bike won't even start-When I pedal and release the clutch it just makes a noise like the chain is running through or something!!!---Please help!

A video of this issue would help a ton if possible. When your bike won't start, always check the 3 basic needs of an engine to run. 1- Air 2- Fuel 3- spark. Take out the spark plug and turn the back wheel with the clutch engaged and look for spark. If you see that then you know its good. Next check and see if there is enough airflow and fuel getting to the carb. Is the gas valve set to open? Have you left the coke on? Is your air filter clogged? From what i can discern from your description it sounds like your clutch isnt engaging properly. Perhaps maybe you wore the pads down when the engine seized? Try a clutch adjustment.

Best of luck

Clutch adjustment Guide:

Pull the right side motor cover and adjust the clutch plate, there's a flower nut in the middle, turn that in. It turns easy if you pull on your clutch lever or push on the arm.

15949253003873236923617724388533.jpg

When I go to try and start it I pull the clutch and that little gear doesn't kick in to turn the motor

I had to replace the bucking bar and little Bering ball and now the motor won't turn over

Back