HELP!!

Zachary_

Local time
6:19 PM
Hi there so I’m having trouble with my bike it first started when it decided not to run so I bought a new cdi and coil because the coil was broken then that came didn’t work now I bought a new magneto and it ran for like a minute now it doesn’t want to go I tried using the spark plug it came with and that’s the one it started with the ldz8c and then when it wouldn’t start again I tried the b7hs and it’s wanting to go just not going it is also 2 degrees Celsius so that could be it but it did start and run for a second any help Gould be very appreciated.

It sounds like you've been chasing and ignition problem around by changing parts. Do you think you've resolved that issue? Cold starting can be a challenge. You say that it ran for a second. Was the choke on full? Were you working the throttle? Were you going fast enough, and for long enough to start? There are a lot of variables. Explain in more detail.

Yes I think I have resolved that issue and it is for sure getting spark as it wants to go. When it ran the choke was on full. And I was giving a little throttle once I turned off the choke. I was for sure going fast enough as I live at the top of a hill and was peddling all I got. I adjusted the idle screw as it was almost like it was running to lean so now it is for sure better but you can hear it wanting to go and it does go but the engine won’t take full control I have to keep peddling pretty fast. I think it is just that it is to cold but not sure. When I go down the hill the engine takes over but as soon as I pull in clutch in won’t stay running. Have any advice?

Have you tried to give it a squirt of starting fluid? That would confirm a fuel issue if it runs a few cycles on starting fluid. If it doesn't run a few cycles on starting fluid then it points to an ignition issue.

Back