Help

Soulfly

Local time
1:56 PM
Guys it's been a little bit I hope all is well. This POS bike I ride it a day mf'er down 2weeks last issue was the rear spoked wheel warped so badly I just wasn't going to try to keep it true screw that junk I got a mag wheel for the rear. So while I was waiting for the wheel to arrive I thought I would retard the timing a bit well I guess I made it full retarded cause I got got no spark nothing the I switched it back to stokeed timing I can get it to fire now only when the choke is fully closed and no throttle responce. I hope somebody can help me it's getting nice weather here I love to ride it a bit instead of looking at it because it's not far from having a very misfortune incident. Thank you.

Id assume you have an issue with ignition. Do you have a spare coil and cdi? If so just swap one at a time to see if maybe one went bad.

I already have brand new one come in yesterday and installed. It has compression for days fuel flow when it did run a little yesterday it was strong I just dunno.

That's around a 190 miles from me. You'd go right by my little town Rockwood, if you ever go to Knoxville or Dollywood etc. I'd love to one day make a video of Speedway In Lights at Bristol. They even let you ride around the track.
You and me both. Nice part of the state. It hasn't been so long ago I was in Knoxville to see a concert.

The choke has no input on whether an engine fires.
Go back to the beginning.
Put the key in if it’s out. Reinstall the magnet correctly. Set the spacing on the magnet and lock it down.
Be sure the magneto, magnet, and cdi are all compatible. There’s different components which can not be mixed n matched.
Try a new spark plug.

If it still doesn’t fire you need to test the magneto and cdi with a multimeter.

It seems like a confusing lot but the electrical system on our bikes is rather simple.

Put the key in if it’s out. Reinstall the magnet correctly. Set the spacing on the magnet and lock it down.
Be sure the magneto, magnet, and cdi are all compatible. There’s different components which can not be mixed n matched.
Try a new spark plug.

If it still doesn’t fire you need to test the magneto and cdi with a multimeter.

It seems like a confusing lot but the electrical systems on our bikes is rather simple.

Try a new spark plug.

It seems like a confusing lot but the electrical systems on our bikes is rather simple.

That will be the plan for this evening.

Back