Helping out a short guy?

nemesiszero

Local time
10:47 AM
Hey guys I am avid mountain bike rider and seen a motorised bike video on youtube a few weeks back and I am hooked on doing a build. My issue is I am short guy 5ft 5" tall and inside leg of around 70cm so tend to ride small bikes with 16" frames. Do you need to have at least 20" frame to mount a engine or is possible to fit to smaller bikes?

Thanks guys....

No, you do not have to have a 20" frame to mount an engine.
FWIW, I'm 5'7" with short legs. If I canat least tiptoe on both feet and touch ground, I'll motorize the bike's frame.

It will be more expensive and harder to build but you could build a chopper. You sit very low to the ground. They look really look and I think Shwinee makes a chopper. Check out bikeberry.com for a special chopper mount.

IMGP0037 (Small).JPG
IMGP0036 (Small).JPG

16 inch frame Diamondback-outlook
so yes it is possible

If you are hooked on doing a build, just wait till you start riding the bike and change gears for the first time.
Golly me, you'll need to see a surgeon to remove the smile from your face.

Well already smiling as of right now look what came in the post today :D just need to choose a bike now.

20140106_185008.jpg

Also looking to get SBP shift kit in the future whats the requirements for the bike, so far I found that it needs Standard Square-taper 3 Piece Bottom Bracket, More than 38.1mm of clearance space between back tire and frame seat post. I am missing anything else.

From a bicycle perspective, my advise is to get a base model bike with an 8 speed rear cassette and front and rear disk brakes, then upgrade the front disk to at least a Shimano 8 inch rotor, but preferably a Hayes 9 inch (V9) rotor as well as installing Avid BB7 calipers on both ends of the bike.

Hey got a bike and the kit is fitted but having allot of trouble to get it to start. Have check the spark plug it sparks and discounted the kill switch but still wont start also can hear the engine turning over.

Back